Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of AESA Radar Systems which provide the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Systems Engineering Center (SEC) organization is seeking committed engineering leaders who are passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for the warfighter. This highly dynamic environment requires both speed and efficiency in addition to maintaining product quality, functionality and traceability. Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team through strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Production Program Chief Engineer will work closely with program management and lead the development and integration efforts and be responsible for the overall technical integrity, leadership and engineering execution across the Inventory Program. This leadership position requires a high degree of radar systems technical competency and discipline. Duties require the candidate be capable of leading a large-scale production programs that includes requirements management, requirements margins analysis, performance analysis, critical trade studies, potential retrofit design changes, statistical performance modeling and predictions, parts testing/qualification, parts management, obsolescence management, vendor/supplier management, factory coordination, transition to production, and data analysis to ensure system compliance. The ideal candidate must be a proven and effective leader driving technical integrity in the team's products and behaviors and lead identification and resolution of production and technical issues. The candidate must also be able to plan capital and develop roadmaps to pursue and expand business growth for this radar product line. The successful candidate must be effective at communicating and building trust with senior Raytheon leadership and customers in order to garner the necessary sponsorship and support. The Production Program CE reports to the Tactical Radar Systems, Program Chief Engineer Section Manager and is assigned to the S3 Program Area Chief Engineer.
The Production Chief Engineer role requires daily contact with multiple functions as well as customer counterparts. This individual will provide technical leadership, guidance and direct interfacing with customer organizations as well as working groups, contractors, and Raytheon personnel necessary to provide customers with system solutions to meet the customer needs including leadership and participation in customer and/or program technical review presentations and task progress status updates.
Responsibilities also include:
* Partner with IPTLs to ensure technical/engineering execution of the program
* Ensure engineering products (e.g., studies, designs, analyses, reports, etc.) meet objectives/expectations
* Ensure productive, positive, and genuine collaboration with customer(s)
* Establish and maintain a technical partnership with Program Manager(s)
* Primary technical interface with customer, teammate(s) and Raytheon management for the program
* Review and concur with engineering inputs for all program execution plans, IBRs, and EACs
* Partner with product area chief engineer (PACE) and centers to ensure appropriate engineering staff
* Charter technical reviews (SRRs, PDRs, CDRs, TIMs) and independent reviews (IRs) for gates
* Facilitate program technical risk management
* Lead tailoring, execution, maintenance, and improvement of program's engineering processes, as necessary
* Partner with IPTs to establish & report engineering metrics /TPMs and provide engineering-approved inputs for EACs and/or proposals, as needed
* Participate in the employee development process
* Minimum of 12 years engineering experience including Radar System development
* Knowledge of Radar Systems architecture, hardware, software and system integration
* Technical leadership of peer groups, and provides technical mentoring to programs as subject matter expert for RF radar systems
* Conduct critical design reviews, test readiness reviews, and test review boards
* Support the development and flow down of systems requirements, error budget trees, and performance modeling, simulation and analysis
* Leadership experience in a fast paced development environment with a number of active programs with varying program and functional priorities
* Experience in program phases from capture through development to sustainment
* Experience in risk and opportunity analysis, tracking and mitigation
* Strong organization, coordination, planning, and team building skills
* U.S. Citizenship and the minimum required U.S. Security Clearance
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
* EVMS Certification
* Cost Account Manager experience
* Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or Program Management experience
B.S. Degree in Engineering, Systems, Electrical, Computer, or Software
M.S. Degree in Engineering, Systems, Electrical, Computer, or Software
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
142877BR 142877 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.