VMware Cloud and you:
Do you enjoy using cutting edge technologies to build systems that generate meaningful impact?
Interested in building cloud services that empower the customers to derive business value from VMWare and AWS hybrid cloud experience?
If you want to learn and experience how Software Defined Data Centers are transforming the cloud computing then join us. You will be a part of a team of rock star engineers. We pay as much attention to building a culture of learning in a fun and honest environment as we do to building our products. The role is a great opportunity for a software engineer passionate about developing SaaS/infrastructure software utilizing their knowledge of distributed systems.
Our team consists of super talented engineers, imbued with real ownership, and working in an agile culture of innovation and collaboration. If you aspire to work on industry-changing technologies, learn and grow your skills, and deliver high quality product that delights customers, then this is the job for you.
Learn about us more - https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws
* As part of team, develop and operate a scalable distributed platform infrastructure to be able to operate SDDCs hosted in AWS or other public clouds.
* Engage with and drive a high-visibility, high-accountability DevOps process including continuous integration and continuous deployment with zero-downtime upgrades across the fleet.
* You will design significant components to solve hard but ambiguous problems while collaborating with other lead engineers.
* As a hands-on developer, you would actively engage in planning/estimating, full software development cycle and operations of the service in a DevOps model
* Help maintain technical acumen in key technology areas to guide the evolution of our platform
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree is required
* 5+ years of experience in development, designing, building, and maintaining functionality for highly scalable distributed systems or infrastructure product development in an agile environment. Must be able to demonstrate significant contributions to past projects.
* Expert level knowledge of Java and OOP
* Strong CS Fundamentals, Data Structures, Algorithms and Coding skills
* Top-notch analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
* Details and results oriented with bias for action. We move fast.
* Good knowledge of Spring Framework, API Development, Web Services, XML/JSON and SQL
* Experience and knowledge of AWS tech
This position is eligible for the DiversifyCPBU referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.