Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
Sr. Member of Technical Staff - Dev Ops
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
The OCI Data Integration Team is building the next generation of cloud services to solve these problems. We are building intelligent, efficient and scalable cloud services that tackle the data challenge in innovative ways.
Do you enjoy the thrill of solving problems? Are you calm and collected when others panic at a sight of a fire? Are you looking to apply your skills contributing to a next generation of global platform services? Do you light up in conversations about uptime, horizontal scalability, performance, security, agile and DevOps?
As part of the global Oracle Data Integration DevOps team, you will be continually challenged and have an opportunity to contribute to platform success every day.
The role provides a mixture of production platform ownership as well as dedicated development time. You will solve challenging technical problems, identify improvements and work on implementing your recommendations. You will also work directly with high level developers on projects and work to blur the lines between traditional system operations and development support.
As a Devops Engineer, you will be responsible for defining and deploying key Services with deep focus on architecture, production operations, capacity planning, performance management, deployment, and release engineering. You will work with multiple cross-functional teams helping deliver new and outstanding experiences to our users while ensuring reliability and performance.
In this role you will need to:
* Contribute to development of platform services including architecture, provisioning, configuration, deployment, and support
* Participate in prototyping new customer facing platform services
* Stay informed of new technologies
* Architecture and design: create and improve current service deployment infrastructure using automation and the latest cloud capabilities to improve agility, reliability, and observability.
* Ownership: understand internal development processes end-to-end in order to streamline CI/CD pipelines.
* Migration: move/re-implement existing OCI-C services to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure in a manner that is secure and leverages the latest cloud services.
* Troubleshooting: have a deep understanding of our services and dependencies in order to respond quickly and efficiently to major incidents and minimize service disruptions when they occur. Root cause issues so that improvements can be made.Customer support, configuration, and address escalated issues in timely manner.
* Environment Support: Environment set up and service Deployment in Dev to Production environments.
* Customer support: Need expertise in cutting-edge products and technologies like Oracle Data Integration technologies, like GoldenGate, ODI, EDQ , hosting products as Software as a Service & Platform as a Service and supporting services in Oracle Cloud computing infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* BS degree in CS, EE, or equivalent
* 5 years running distributed services in production on Linux
* Strong communication and analytical skills
* Able to accurately estimate efforts and deliver on time
* Experience with agile processes and general understanding of product development
* Familiarity with security practices in web application delivery
* Some understanding of virtualization solutions and Cloud services
* Strong technical background in Linux-based OS internals, Virtualization, Cloud (AWS, Azure)
* Experience with configuration management tools
* Strong knowledge of internet protocols
* Exposure to troubleshooting network services
* Prior experience in designing, implementing or supporting high performance and large scale web applications
* Understanding of the DevOps Toolchain components and how they fit together; experience developing automation and using open source tools, github, jenkins
* Understanding and experience with CI/CD practices
* Strong technical background in cloud networking, storage, and security
* Strong technical knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Registry
* Strong technical knowledge of monitoring and building dashboards (e.g. Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, etc)
* Languages: Python, Go, C, Java, bash
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Handles hard problems with a positive "can do" attitude
* Team player and able to work with others all skill levels
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.