With more than $150M in funding, 100% year over year growth for the past five years and a recent billion-dollar valuation, Seismic is the leader in the enterprise sales enablement software space. Using leading edge cloud technologies and web enabled solutions, we are innovating and solving complex problems to help the world's top companies improve collaboration and content delivery between marketing and sales. Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 600 employees across the globe, Seismic is privately held by its executive team and investment firms General Atlantic, JMI Equity, Jackson Square Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price.
As a Sr. Manager of Software Engineering you will provide leadership to engineering product teams focused on delivering innovative solutions in the way that our platform integrates with CRM. You will be an SME for teams in providing strong, hands-on, technical leadership, as well as mentorship for continued professional development. You'll bring deep software experience and passion for coding, and we'll expect you to be hands on in the code. You'll participate in architectural discussions and work with peers to ensure we are shipping high quality code. With an all-hands-on-deck mentality, you'll own delivery to ensure teams are executing and bringing value to the product, our customers, and the business.
* Provide leadership to ensure we deliver on goals for your product area
* Work closely with product management to ensure alignment of future product features and enhancements with technical requirements
* Drive product delivery through the SDLC leveraging software delivery metrics and an agile process (e.g. SAFe, Scrum, Kanban)
* Mentor engineers to ensure development best practices, code quality, and smooth software release
* Collaborate with other architects and engineering leaders to understand key dependencies of features, data schemas and data structures
* Conduct code review and ensure adherence to architectural guidelines
* Own product quality delivered to production
* Leverage modern software architectures, design patterns, and solutions to increase value of a strong platform.
What you'll need to be successful:
* Experience building complex enterprise software or software-as-a-service solutions required (think multi-threaded, concurrency, microservices, and cloud)
* A mindset of continuous learning and development team with proven excellence in mentoring and advising.
* Strong aptitude to create effective proofs of concepts and rapid prototypes to drive needs of a rapidly evolving business.
* A team first, "we win together" mentality that fosters idea sharing across all levels of the team.
* Ability to solve complex problems and implement the solutions
* Strong depth of knowledge in object-oriented programming (C#, Java, C++, etc.)
* 7+ years of experience software development experience for web-based products at scale
* 3+ years of enterprise software architecture
* 3+ years of technical leadership, ideally with some exposure leading off shore teams
* A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science
Seismic develops a sales enablement and content management software for marketing teams.