Do you want to change the world? Alexa and Echo are literally shaping the future of voice recognition and cloud-based content/services. Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud service and the brain that powers Echo, the award-winning and groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. Echo connects to Alexa, to provide information, answer questions, play music, read the news, check sports scores or the weather, and more-instantly. It is hands-free, and always ready. All you have to do is ask. To achieve this, we blend of a variety of disciplines such as NLP, artificial intelligence, data mining, machine learning, big data, semantic Web, graph stores, cloud computing in an effort to understand our customers and the things they are most excited about experiencing.
If you think you are as passionate as we are about making Alexa and Echo increasingly awesome for our customers all around the world, we'd love to chat with you! We are seeking highly talented, driven and motivated technical leader with big ideas, who are also obsessed with finding new, intuitive, and engaging ways to interact with our customers.
In this role, as a Software development manager on the Alexa Engine team, you will own all aspects of software planning and development, focusing driving the culture of experimentation in Alexa.
As a software development leader, you will...
* Lead teams of software engineers and product management (GM role) in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of the experimentation capabilities of Alexa.
* Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated engineers and managers to establish teams that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
* Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
* Work closely with other teams across Alexa, and Amazon to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
* Obsess over protecting customer information.
* Mentor a large group of people and lead as a manager of managers with a direct handle on the pulse of each employee on your team.
* Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
* Represent your business and operations to senior leaders within Amazon on a weekly basis.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.