Why this job is awesome:
* This is high IMPACT work: Our mission is to provide On Time, high quality, regionalized and personalized attributes to every single title for every customer in every country around the world.
* This space provides you the opportunity to Think Big, Influence multiple organizations, grow your charter and own your destiny. You will make your own technology choices, and build the architectural vision. for ensuring single detail page experience for every title across different marketplaces
* Millions of customers will be impacted by your contributions: The innovations we build directly impact the customer experience on every Prime Video Page. This is a great position for someone who likes backend development and Service-Oriented Architecture, but wants to see and measure their direct impact on customers.
* You would build highly scalable, low latency, services and technologies on Amazon's cloud computing infrastructure that distribute PETABYTES of top tier video content through billions of assets across entire Prime Video ecosystem.
* We are a cross-functional team that owns the entire end to end Matching experience for Prime Video customers. You will collaborate with Engineering Leaders in various orgs to architect and develop the best technical design and approach, delivering value quickly to customers without sacrificing the long-term
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies and TV shows to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smart phones, and smart TVs. We operate in the US, Japan, UK, and Germany, and we aspire to grow-- a lot.
We embrace the challenges of a fast paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of video and pushing the envelope for streaming quality. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact on world-wide consumer entertainment.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new products and features. The candidate should also have a strong track record in hiring other leaders and building high-performance engineering organizations. Commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.