VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization's transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energy-financial, human and the Earth's. With 2010 revenues of $2.8 billion, VMware has more than 170,000 customers and 35,000 partners worldwide. VMware's award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 11,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
Our seasoned IT leadership team has experience working for leading Fortune 500 and start-up companies and is dedicated to hiring and supporting top IT and engineering talent, creating an intellectually-stimulating and team-oriented environment, and driving VMware's IT organization to be truly cutting edge.
The Sr. Manager, Salesforce Technical Delivery will be responsible for the resource and budge management for VMware's Go-To-Market initiatives. S/he will be leading the design, development, and customization and be involved in the implementation of Salesforce.com modules for VMware. The candidate should have exceptional technical skills in development and customization of salesforce.com and integration tools and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In this role you will embrace and adhere to IT standards, processes and methodologies.
* Understands all aspects of VMware's Salesforce.com platform configuration and technical/functional capabilities, including all changes and potential system implications related to ongoing releases.
* Establish and maintain relationship with business stakeholders, such as worldwide Sales Operation leaders.
* Interact with Salesforce to execute on pilot programs of new product features.
* Manage Salesforce and Anaplan developers and coaching them on the best practices of Salesforce development.
* Drive the governance of the system integrity and performance of VMware's Salesforce platforms.
* Manage project deliver in a fast-paced support environment, driving all issues to resolution with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and efficient task execution.
* Expert knowledge of Salesforce.com
* force.com platform, APEX programming, salesforce configuration, salesforce security model
* AppExchange applications
* Technical background in OOPS, programming languages and web-based applications
* Knowledge of data migration & integration tools and methodologies
* APIs & Web Services
* Ability to work in a global cross-functional environment to help support and enhance business systems
* Ability to plan and execute tasks in a structured manner
* Able to work, collaborate and contribute in a team environment
* Excellent analytical and quantitative skills or experience
* Logical/Perceptive, problem solving, detail oriented, solution oriented
* 8+ Years of experiences as an IT manager
* 7+ years of experience developing/ customizing/ implementing Salesforce.com at large enterprise (4,000+ seats)
* Experience with people management with demonstrated success in developing the career of subordinates
* Excellent verbal communication skills in articulating the functional and technical aspects of Salesforce product capabilities
* Completed at least 3 full life-cycle Salesforce.com implementations with budgetary and resource management responsibilities
* Knowledge of SDLC processes and tools, Iterative Design & Prototyping (Agile)
* Must have experience preparing technical specifications, detailed design documents and developing test cases
* Solid understanding of CRM/PRM capabilities and functional areas
* Experienced in development methodologies and software delivery lifecycle
* Bachelors Degree in CS or Equivalent with 10 years relevant technical experience, MS Degree preferred
This position is eligible for the IT Apps Hiring FY20 referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.