The Sr. Manager, Portfolio & Business Operations is responsible for overseeing the planning, management and coordination of initiatives and programs for Transformation, Engineering & Quality (TEQ) that drives business value to Product & Technology (P&T). TEQ is a shared service organization that supports execution of enterprise programs across Product & Technology (P&T) and management of platforms, tools & services that spans delivery lifecycle management, quality engineering, DevOps, environment management, asset management, security, release engineering, and database services. S/he will lead a team responsible for building and leading a team that manages intake, capacity, portfolio, financials, vendor relationships and team operations to increase the visibility of work across the team and value driven outcomes are being delivered. This role will also lead internal initiatives focused on people to drive a culture of collaboration, transparency and inclusion.
A successful candidate has extensive experience in leading planning and portfolio functions and will be able to strategically and creatively apply best practices to T-Mobile's unique culture. It will be critical to partner strategically with stakeholders and build exemplary relationships at all levels. And you must be able to think on your feet, pivot on a moment's notice, and be comfortable with changes in how we work.
A large focus and emphasis will be placed on the ability to streamline, automate and consolidate a vast portfolio of platforms in the Quality Engineering and Devops space to enable company's strategic target platform and direction.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* Minimum 7+ years' industry experience as a program or product manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex solutions, systems, or services.
* Minimum 3+ years' experience in a leadership role.
* Proven experience owning, managing and delivering large transformation projects
* Leading a high-performing planning and/or portfolio management team, preferably with agile development and DevOps transformation.
* Progressive leadership experience in setting technology strategy, software development, engineering, and operations
* Ability to work independently and support multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
* Proven ability to solve problems creatively and resourcefully
* Technical expertise as well as strong business acumen
* Proven success interfacing with non-technical and technical counterparts with demonstrable capabilities of effecting change
* Strong customer-facing skills (oral, written and verbal skills); ability to define and articulate complex process flows and system flows to business leaders in other departments
* Certifications in focused areas such as project management, agile methodologies, life cycle processes, or any related industry certifications are desired.
* Lead a team that performs Planning and Portfolio work and activities for a Shared Service organization, which includes large portfolios of initiatives, programs, projects, capabilities, and services supporting enterprise projects and transformation initiatives.
* Experience with strategic business planning processes in large organizations and with developing and maintaining roadmaps
* Oversee development and management of Planning & Portfolio processes and rhythm of the business activities - including strategic planning, intake of new work, and prioritization and governance
* Drive continuous process improvements to increase effectiveness and efficiency, bringing consistency across portfolios and teams
* Identify synergies across the Planning & Portfolio functions to optimize how we work internally
* Work with stakeholders to influence and drive improvements in the enterprise capital process
* Accountable for quality of team output and deliverables, including process documentation, roadmap and plans, portfolio budget tracking, and portfolio updates
* Effectively prioritize the work of the team, aligning to team, TEQ & enterprise goals
* Build impactful relationships with stakeholders within TEQ and with other partners
* Understand, proactively identify, and communicate risks and trade-offs and drive executive-level discussions
* Effectively build and lead a lean, highly effective team; provide leadership, mentoring, coaching, and career development planning for team members
* Develop executive-level presentations and communications
* Create impact through personal confidence, expertise and authority
* Provide thought leadership in planning & portfolio management for the team
* Experience building and evolving a new, scaling team
* Identifies and proposes solutions regarding obstacles or issues while understanding their financial impact on the business and experience for our customers and/or employees.
* Analyzes multifaceted data from IT Leadership, finance, and interprets in a way that is precise, methodical and accurate so the leadership can understand key takeaways.
* Long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills; able to develop strategic frameworks to provide workable solutions to difficult, complex problems
* Strong business acumen, leveraging experience and insights to creatively solve problems
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.