The Sr. PM/PM is responsible for the planning and successful execution of all internal or customer funded development and production programs within boundaries of the negotiated cost, schedule and technical requirements to meet contractual and/or corporate commitments. Coordinates and monitors the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of assigned programs. Responsibilities also include supporting the negotiation of contracts, contractual changes, and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts. Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, develops solutions to program problems, and directs work of incumbents assigned to programs from various functional departments.
* Lead the Program Management Team with ultimate responsibility for meeting technical, cost schedule, quality and mission assurance, financial and contractual performance commitments.
* Primary point of contact for Customer and voice of the organization to Customer on existing and follow-on programs.
* Interact across functional senior leadership to make decisions, manage risk, and influence activities that affect the long-term health and viability of the business.
* Foster and maintain Team communications and cohesiveness, and ensure collaboration across the organization.
* Implement Program Management systems and tools, including EVMS, on a variety of development and production projects and programs.
* Develop program execution plans, track and report performance against established objectives.
* Provide periodic program management reviews (monthly & quarterly), and support timely inputs/approvals of EACs and Operations reviews
* Establish and communicate program objectives and priorities to the program Team and to functional leadership.
* Establish and maintain a Program Plan for each program/Customer.
* Interpret, translate, and flow down program requirements into the Program Plan, and to Suppliers and Subcontractors as necessary.
* Establish a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for each program/proposal.
* Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements, scheduling expenditures and resources, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
* Identify staffing requirements by program, based on an established program plan, and ensure requirements are accurately communicated.
* Monitor compliance with program master plans and schedules, including milestones and performance.
* Ensure programmatic excellence as measured by adherence to milestones, program forecasts, and meeting contractual commitments.
* Implement a Baseline Change Management process as appropriate on assigned programs.
* Provide a conduit for raising program conflicts/issues to senior management for resolution.
* Identify and manage risk and opportunities to meet program objectives.
* Provide recognition, and maintain morale and motivation of the program Team.
* Ensure proposal submittals, schedules, cost estimates, program execution plans, risk assessments and technical solutions are accurate, timely and executable.
Qualifications / Requirements
* Minimum of a BS, MS preferred, and 10 plus years of program management experience with responsibilities for space flight payloads, requiring significant Customer interaction, and demonstrated program control and execution skills in managing $5M to $50M efforts.
* MBA and/or PMI certified Program Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding Customers, difficult schedules and technically challenging projects.
* Program management skills must include: planning and budgeting, schedule development, change control, risk mitigation and financial performance / EVMS.
* Excellent written and presentation skills, with ability to clearly and competently convey program objectives and priorities to the program Team, the organization and senior leadership.
* Leadership and interpersonal skills with the experience to run programs in a matrix organization.
* Ability to travel up to 25%.
* Knowledge of fabricated optical components and sensor assemblies preferred; preference will be given for experience with development/production space flight payloads.
Position requires ability to obtain Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or active Top Secret/SCI with Poly.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
NOTE: This position can be a Salary Grade A06 or A07 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
L3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
L3 SSG specializes in the development, manufacturing and qualification of remote E-O sensing payloads, instruments and major sub-systems primarily for space as well as unique airborne applications. Space mission areas include major science investigation, situational awareness, launch detection and weather analysis. Primary markets served include NASA, DoD, intelligence communities and commercial space. Airborne contributions include hyperspectral payloads for specialized overseas missions and critical line-of-sight control sub-systems for targeting systems.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.