Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Contributes advanced knowledge and skill in technology and applies sound business acumen to support cluster and information technology (IT) objectives. The Senior Market IT Manager, in conjunction with the Market IT Manager, is responsible for assisting property management with technology planning, implementation, and maintenance. The Senior Market IT Manager will direct the work of Market IT Managers or IT Technicians and interfaces with vendors, owners, executive committee and property staff. The Senior Market IT Manager is typically assigned to moderate to highly complex properties depending on level of experience.
Education and Experience
* BS/BA or equivalent work experience; additionally 2-4 years' experience in like Information Technology position.
* Previous experience supporting highly complex units (e.g., resorts, enhanced GPNS systems, high number of network devices, etc.).
* Previous experience in Americas IT or Marriott HQ IT Support desirable.
* System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Meeting Client Technology Needs
* Manages technology/asset life-cycle. Confirms that necessary equipment (PCs, servers, telecom, etc.) is ordered and available.
* Foresees, identifies and resolves system(s)' performance problems.
* Oversees disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
* Confirms that technology assets are secure and well-maintained in accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
* Installs, monitors, and maintains telecommunications equipment including cabling and providing technical guidance as needed.
* Performs adds/moves/changes/deletions.
* Confirms that adequate bandwidth exists and that circuits are secured.
* Supports end-use pager cellular phone issues.
* Troubleshoots high-speed Internet access problems.
* Escalates problems as appropriate through Area IT Manager, Americas IT, HQ IT departments.
* Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to correct server/network.
* Moves/adds/changes PCs/peripherals; migrating data when necessary.
* Performs routine to complex desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
* Provides end-user support to property staff, business center.
* Resolves issues with setup or reset of security passwords.
* Supports email and use of MI network.
* Creates and maintains secure server environment. Performs server backups and routine/non-routine preventative maintenance.
* Executes disaster recovery plans.
Supporting On-Property Projects and Global Initiatives
* Provides IT expertise and knowledge on projects impacting assigned properties. May lead a small project team.
* Reviews solutions and processes developed by vendors engaged on the project.
* Supports communications for all new applications/system installations and problem resolution.
Managing Work within Budget Targets
* Assists/provides input to property management for CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
* Reviews operating statements; researches and resolves discrepancies in technology charges.
* Oversees compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Determines solutions and implements per cluster SOP.
* Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware; prepares reports for property management.
* Assists in the reviews of vendor proposals to determine appropriate vendor selection for local technologies/hardware.
* Confirms compliance to technology-related vendor contracts.
Building and Sustaining Relationships with Customers
* Writes/presents proposals, analyses, project plans, cost models, etc. in written and/or oral formats.
* Provides customer service.
* Provides detailed status reports as requested.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.