At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Responsible for leading the Enterprise Architecture (EA) function at Exelon, working closely with IT and Business leadership to drive the development, execution and governance of an enterprise strategy around business and IT technology to meet business requirements. The Senior Manager of EA will develop and maintain the technology roadmaps in conjunction with business strategy and roadmaps; and establish, manage and enforce technology standards that drive internal and external delivery and support.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Directly manages a team of senior enterprise architects with dotted line reporting relationships to operating company IT leadership
* Provides architectural direction and design authority guidance to solution architects across the organization
* Designs the process and participates in all architecture governance activities across all technology projects in the organization, including the production of metrics demonstrating the value and success of the EA program
* Facilitates digital strategy decisions through consulting, research and support in execution
* Leads the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements
* Analyzes industry, technology, and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise
* Analyzes the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement
* Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to guide solution decision making for the enterprise
* Leads the development of an implementation plan for EA, based on business requirements and IT strategies
* Oversees EA implementation, ongoing EA refinement activities, and the documentation of all EA design and analysis work
* Defines organizational requirements for the resources, structures, and cultural changes necessary to support the EA
* Promotes EA process, outcomes, and results to IT and other business leaders
* Drive overall efforts to rationalize and simplify the technology applications and infrastructure
* Lead and manage the Enterprise Architects and build the Architecture organization into a high performing team.
* Demonstrated successful leadership and management of IT environments of appropriate scale and complexity, ideally either leading an Enterprise Architecture organization or a group within an Architecture function.
* Experience in all aspects of senior architecture roles, including leading the development and execution of comprehensive IT strategies and roadmaps and the development and execution of architectural requirements and technology standards
* Significant experience in complex, highly integrated, and high availability technology environments.
* Experience with evaluating and assessing alternative technology solutions to make the required trade-off decisions between functionality, technical design, standardization, risk management, and costs/benefits.
* Experience and understanding of predominant application, database, web, and integration architectures and standards, both on-premise and cloud based; significant application development experience is preferred.
* Experience in driving technology innovation to improve business performance.
* Strong communication skills, including presenting complex technology topics to both the architecture community and senior executives/business leaders.
Experience and Education
* Master's Degree in Computer Science / related field preferred
* 10 years in architecture
* 15 years of relevant IT experience
* 10 years in a leadership role including experience leading a team and setting performance goals and objectives
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster