Foot Locker, Inc. is seeking a Senior Manager for Mobile Applications to help design, develop, deploy, and support our consumer facing and enterprise mobile apps, bringing our technology platform and organization to the next level in quality, innovation, and overall business value. The Senior Manager will work alongside the Director of Mobile Applications and a team of software engineers in an innovative and fast-paced environment. He/she will be responsible for planning, successful execution, and ongoing support of complex development projects for iOS platforms. This role entails overseeing direct reports as well as hands-on software development.
Work closely with product management, internal clients, design team, and other development areas to build high quality products for our consumers and enterprise users.
* Drive development to planned timeline, ensuring early and regular communication through all stages of development.
* Drive consolidation of products to utilize common underlying technology architecture and components.
* Attend scope meetings, review scopes for estimate accuracy and technical correctness.
* Work closely with the API team to define and consume API services for the apps.
* Work closely with the business to drive new technologies and innovation.
* Promote best practice development habits and highest product quality standards through regular code reviews and open team communication.
* Manage work intake through Scrum agile development process, including sprint planning, effort estimation and change management, improving processes to maximize team performance.
* Maintain and enhance existing products, balancing schedules among maintenance activities and new product development.
* Create and document technical requirements, solution architecture, release notes, monitoring process, root cause analyses etc.
* Create learning opportunities within the development team through training, conferences, hands-on training and mentorship in projects.
* Demonstrate problem solving, initiative and technical innovation capable of "rolling-up sleeves and getting hands dirty" from content creation, to production support, to testing.
* Build and maintain deep technical skills in iOS staying current with recent and upcoming changes to core technologies.
* Help set the technical tone and cultural direction for the mobile development team
* Work closely with product management and directorto determine resource needs and assist with hiring process.
* Manage and oversee direct reports.
* Strong technical leader capable of motivating the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect.
* Consistent upward and downstream communication.
* Resourceful, innovative, self-motivated, confident in high stress situations.
* Proficient at writing code.
* Consistently meets or exceeds deadlines on programming projects.
* At least 4 years of recent experience with development projects for mobile applications for iOS is required.
* Knowledge of RESTful Web-Services, JSON, networking protocols and best practices for iOS and Android platforms.
* Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Required Technical Skills:
Swift, Objective C, XCode, JSON, Third Party library/SDK Integrations.
About Foot Locker
Foot Locker is an athletic shoes and apparel retailer.