At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As the Leader of the People Apps team, you will be responsible for the management of a talented team of engineers accelerating the productivity of Uber's People team and employees. The People Apps Sr. Manager will work in partnership with cross-functional teams and leaders to design, scope and consult on scalable solutions that ensure the seamless functionality of Uber's People Systems.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Partner with HR leaders, Product and other Engineering teams to define the People Apps strategy
* Develop and grow a team of systems engineers
* Define the overall technical architecture and solution ecosystem and drive execution of foundational and transformational initiatives
* Identify, develop, and assess options to meet business requirements and develop robust solution recommendations
* Collaborate and coordinate with internal and external business partners in developing or enhancing systems, processes, and procedures
* Build, maintain and grow vendor relationships
* Support the management, development, ongoing maintenance, and technical support of the HRIS (Workday), ATS (iCims) and other ancillary applications (~15+) that support all HR business functions (performance management, advanced comp, onboarding, etc.)
What You'll Need
* 15+ years of experience working with and building HCM systems in a professional, fast-paced environment
* 10+ years of experience in managing an HRIT team and landscape
* Analytical approach to solving system issues including understanding system interdependencies
* Experience in team member growth and development strategy
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with employees at all levels
* Proven ability to successfully juggle multiple projects and priorities and able to shift direction quickly when priorities change
* Strong sense of urgency and excellent follow through
* A scrappy, get stuff done attitude that completes high-quality projects quickly
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.