Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Job DetailsSr. Manager, Enterprise Data Services Engineering - Dallas
Why Salesforce.com Business Technology Team:
We build teams that are smart, creative and fun. We work hard and play hard and believe that each individual can make a diﬀerence. Continuous personal and professional development of each individual is core to our high performing organization.
Enterprise Data Services team is a world-class IT organization that designs, develops, deploys and supports Salesforce's Datawarehouse, Business Intelligence and Analytical solutions. As Salesforce continues to grow at a rapid pace, we are at the cutting edge of innovation to deliver Customer Success at Scale.
We're a ﬂat, lean, agile, self-governing team. We value transparency and trust. We continue to create purpose in our work, question the status quo, seek individual mastery and encourage autonomy.
Ready to bring your Datawarehousing and BI development experience from complex enterprise environments to Salesforce? Salesforce Business Technology Applications team have mastered the balance between creativity and technology, and are looking for a Senior Manager, Software Engineering to lead our Enterprise Data Services scrum teams. This role will provide leadership to a team of very savvy, highly motivated software engineers who are building our BI applications. As an Engineering Manager, you will manage and lead scrum teams through project initiation, execution, and deployment. You will provide guidance through their career progressions, this people and technology leadership role is also responsible for effective collaboration across product management & technology teams contributing to project success. This hands-on leader will guide a team and coordinate with others in the agile development process.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of increasing responsibility and success building and leading technical teams. The position requires strategic thinking and planning to provide leadership and expertise throughout the development lifecycle. The Manager will work with a team of very savvy, highly motivated software engineers. We are looking for someone with great leadership skills, a solid background in BI, Information management and exposure/expertise in agile development methodology and the ability to operate within short release cycles.
● 14+ years software development experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects, with at least 5 years of management experience
● 8+ years of experience programming in Datawarehousing, BI and Analytics tools
● Demonstrated thought leadership around cutting edge technologies - machine learning, AI, cloud, social and mobile
● Establish credibility with smart engineers quickly
● Experience in contributing to engineering designs and architectural decisions
● Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
● Strong verbal and written communication skills, impeccable organizational and time management skills
● Agile, proactive, comfortable working with ambiguous speciﬁcations and can prioritize on the ﬂy
● Experience in short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and have worked on a product that was actually released for public consumption
● Experience managing hybrid engineering teams
● Experience managing contractors
● Experience in defining and governing robust quality assurance and release management processes with automation mindset
● Experience delivering BI projects in a CI/CD environment
● Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
● Experience with solutions on Salesforce products/platform technologies.
● Ability to learn quickly in a highly dynamic environment
● Ability to take ownership of project delivery and multi-task on multiple projects/feature development
● Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent is desired, Masters would be preferred
Nice to have
● Establishing and leading data science teams
● Proven experience in adding data science capabilities to existing data teams.
Skills: SQL, Datawarehousing, ETL; OBIEEE; Dimensional Modeling; Einstein analytics tool (Wave); Dashboard and Report Development; Business Objects; Informatica; performance tuning and Cloud based BI ecosystems.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.