United States Cellular
Sr. Manager, Application Development - ITSM Tools & DevOps - INF001302
The Sr. Manager, Application Development, ITSM Tools & DevOps leads a talented team responsible for the delivery of process-driven solutions across the ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) and ITSM (IT Service Management) domains. The leader of this team guides an effort to modernize, and drive the optimal usage of vendor tools with a focus on intuitive user experiences, light-weight integrations and cost efficiencies, evolving a DevSecOps culture. Within this effort, this team defines and helps reshape processes with the objective of eliminating waste, adding value and intuitiveness while managing the development of tools on ITSM platforms. As the leader of this team, you will be tasked with passionately investing in the career development, continual growth and building of leadership characteristics of each team member.
* Drive identification and enterprise adoption of DevSecOps tools as well as updated ITSM tools.
* Lead mindset change in the enterprise to deliver out of box, standard configurations wherever possible.
* Provide strategic leadership for future roadmap of DevSecOps and future tools, assuring a solid architecture and reusability.
* Champion vision for leveraging the strengths of ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) and ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) in order to deliver an optimal delivery pipeline solution and strengthened working relationships
* Participate in the ownership, delivery and refinement of compliance activities (SOX, PCI, CPNI)
* Drive a self-learning and sharing culture focused on new technologies, industry trends, vendor offerings, successful leadership qualities, soft skill improvements and process frameworks
* Partner with business and technology leaders to understand their roadmaps and its impact to current and future solutions
* Deliver projects with an optimal level of project management oversight, documentation, training, quality, communications and status reporting
* Manage and seek the reduction of vendor and internal support-related costs
* Apply appropriate risk management and root cause analysis in the delivery of quality solutions
* Adopt and refine SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) methodologies (waterfall, agile, RUP, Scrum or a mixture) that best align with the needs of the business/project
* Establish and strengthen working relationships with technical leaders spanning the PM, Architecture, BA, Development, Test, QA, Infrastructure, Engineering and Delivery domains
* Lead collaborative initiatives with internal business partners, innovative leaders and strategic vendors to deliver high-quality solutions
* Participate in cross-technology, cross-organizational process improvement initiatives
* Possess passion for coaching team members in the achievement of their career objectives
* Exemplar of effective time management, priority focused and value-add based decision making
* Monitor team workload to ensure appropriate level of urgency, challenge and engagement
* Assure 24x7 coverage with on call support, leveraged across all team members
* Identify cross-training opportunities to grow technical skills and relationship building
* Define staffing plans and oversee recruiting process
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience)
* 5+ years of relevant management experience
* Strong knowledge of SCM (Software Configuration Management), ALM and ITIL best practices
* Working knowledge of the following SDLC disciplines: modeling, requirements management, coding, change management, configuration/version management, build management, test management and release/deployment management
* Working knowledge of BMC Remedy, IBM Rational ClearCase, IBM Rational Build Forge, BMC Remedy, ARIS Business Process Modeling Suite, HP Quality Center, HP QTP, HP Performance Center
* Strong knowledge of SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley), PCI, and CPNI controls and best practices
* Practical application of project management best practices
* 5+ years of software development experience
* 3+ years of process design/architect role
* ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
* Played an instrumental role in a DevOps deployment effort
* Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
* Strong influencing, negotiation and vendor management skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple levels of leadership
* Exceptional customer service focus
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
About United States Cellular
At U.S. Cellular, we're not just in the business of connecting calls, we're in the business of connecting people.
United States Cellular