Did you know that over 58% of Amazon's gross merchandise sales come from independent third-party Sellers on Amazon? The Amazon Marketplace enables over 2 million third-party Sellers in eleven marketplaces to offer their products for sale to Amazon customers across the world.
We are hiring a dedicated technology leader to build a new development team to support Amazon Business International within our Marketplace organization. This is an opportunity to join the business at an early stage and build a new technology solution in the very earliest days of this business.
Amazon Business is serving the needs of business customers - from the smallest sole proprietors to multi-national corporations, government agencies and non-profit organizations. We launched Amazon Business in the US in 2015. Following successful growth, we have now launched in seven international countries (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, India and Japan). This is a fast-growing and important part of Amazon's future e-commerce business with great potential to invent at a worldwide scale.
Our goal as a team is to create a seamless global shopping experience for all Amazon Business Customers and Sellers worldwide. We're looking for a world class Senior Software Development Manager who has strong sense of ownership and passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems and is not afraid of tackling massive scale, layered complexity and ambiguous requirements.
As part of leading a team of engineers, you will have the opportunity to create significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our international customers as we take on challenges that can reshape the e-commerce industry. We are seeking someone who has strong technical, project and people skills with a can-do attitude and a focus on delivering high quality software. We move at a fast pace and deliver software iteratively using Agile best practices and the latest technologies.
Who says building a career can't be fun?
* As an early member of Amazon Business team, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of engineers in designing, developing, testing, and deploying a variety of new customer experiences.
* You will be responsible for upholding a high bar in operational excellence and quality.
* You will partner across functions to help define creative vision, product requirements, user experience, and cross-team integration
* You will have the unique opportunity to develop critical product features that are closely tied to real world problems.
* You will be working with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, designers, product managers, business stakeholders, and central team engineers.
* You will help define and drive the product from concept all the way through to production.
* You will invent solutions to enable services to Amazon that has never been done in the past.
* You will be addressing solutions to complex problems that are unique to our international customers.
* You will have the opportunity to make decisions on design, implementation and testing of highly scalable solutions using AWS cloud platform and its many products, in challenging agile projects, working with best in class professionals.
* You will have the opportunity to own systems architecture end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world.
* You will help align the vision of our business leaders around the world by translating business customer needs into robust and scalable technology solutions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.