Do you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment? Do you have a focus on re-inventing learning solutions instead of replicating what's already been done? If so, the Amazon Stores Learning team is the place for you.
Amazon Stores, including Amazon Books, Amazon 4-star, and Presented by Amazon, is growing. Our vision is to deliver Earth's most customer-centric offline shopping experiences, to re-invent the customer retail experience, not replicate it. The dynamic nature of our business model necessitates that we deliver learning at exactly the moment our retail sales teams need to apply it. We are hiring an entrepreneurial, analytical, and creative Sr. Learning Experience (LX) Designer to build and scale centralized, just-in-time knowledge tools that drive measurable performance outcomes for our in-store teams.
You will be responsible for collaborating with Tech and Operations teams to set the vision for centralized knowledge bases and game changing learning experiences like in-app. You will set the strategy for and build the mechanisms needed to create and scale solutions, as well as curate content from all field and corporate teams. And you will drive development of learning content that balances mind-share and empowers our direct (offline) retail sales team to achieve our vision. From POS and inventory management systems, to customer-interactions on the sales floor, we must support our retail teams with the most relevant product and process information on smart home technologies, newly assorted consumer electronics, and customer experience skills. This position is critical to ensuring that our business can scale and our customers can experience the full breadth of Amazon products before they buy.
Solutions created/managed in this role will enable an improved customer experience, shorten lead times to employee proficiency, drive employee engagement through skill development, and improve macro product and process skills. Though supported by a senior learning manager, this candidate must be able to work with significant autonomy, serve as a technical, process and business SME, and have experience scaling the programs and infrastructure they develop.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Collaborate effectively across functional teams, including corporate, tech, and in the field, to define needs, determine project priorities, and identify the conditions under which tasks are performed to deliver easily adopted solutions which drive performance.
* Influence cross-functionally to achieve resource priority on tech roadmaps for required infrastructure development and ongoing tech support.
* Use high judgement and your experience with advanced application of technology to select and develop high quality, innovative, technically embedded solutions.
* Effectively program manage the work of cross-functional teams without direct authority to drive on-time, high quality work deliverables -time solutions which simplify knowledge access and ensure information integrity.
* Design and develop quality, just-in-time, micro learning solutions which simplify knowledge access, ensure information integrity, and are delivered through system applications already leveraged in business processes.
* Establish and maintain self-sustaining mechanisms to monitoring and ensure the efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness of in-app solutions on performance and the customer experience.
* Design and organize (and manage) innovative learning content, using mobile training applications and internal learning management systems (LMS).
* Travel may be required, up to 10% domestic travel.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.