At Amazon, our goal is to develop ground-breaking PC games that become cultural touchstones, that redefine the boundaries of player experience and that change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Join us, and you'll have the power of Twitch, Amazon Web Services, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. We believe in a future of immersive, highly engaging game experiences that will collectively cut across age, gender, and nationality. You share our belief and are among the top few technical elite in the world. Amazon Game Studios is looking to take risks and invent! We want people that are driven to make the best games in the industry.
Crucible is a third-person, last one standing game of trust and betrayal. Each match pits human and alien competitors with unique weapons and abilities against one another on a lush, alien world. Players make and break alliances on the fly. In Crucible it takes a mix of combat skill, strategic planning, and social finesse to survive.
You are a Live Services Engineer with broad experience and world-class software engineering skills. You will utilize AWS technology to design, implement, and own the platforms and services that drive a game title from Amazon Game Studios. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of high-profile titles. This is a rare opportunity to help shape the foundation of a brand new AAA game title. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software and also excel at communication, customer focus, and iterating with game designers to deliver the best product.
As a Live Services Engineer, you will be expected to:
* Design and build a rock-solid and secure back-end platform built on top of AWS technologies.
* Create a best-in-class game service platform and work with game team to deliver scalable multiplayer, social, and security features.
* Build a set of tools and services that simplify deploying, debugging, and running a live multiplayer game on PC with industry leading operational excellence.
* Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
* Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
* Be a champion for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and create new ways to delight customers.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.