The Sr. LIS Administrator, reporting to the Team Lead of Applications, IS, is responsible for the maintenance and oversight of the computer technology systems utilized by the NSMC Laboratory staff, to include but not limited to the administration of the "PeP" Sunquest (Lab, Blood Bank and CoPath) applications and sub-modules, LifePoint reference lab interfaces, SIM instrument integration, MESA document scanning workflows, Business Objects ad-hoc reporting, and additional ancillary information systems as relevant to NSMC sites: Salem, Union, MGH Danvers and satellite draw stations. The Sr. LIS Administrator serves as a liaison between NSMC and PHS IS departments and the NSMC Laboratory service line for the purposes of assuring the computer technology systems operate efficiently with minimal disruption to operations. The incumbent will have both on-site and off-site responsibilities as part of an on-call rotation to respond to, translate, communicate and escalate (when appropriate) any technology failures related to the Laboratory service line computer applications. Likewise, the Sr. LIS Administrator serves as an educational resource to NSMC Laboratory service line personnel communicating any new changes to existing computer technology systems as a result of new build/enhancement/upgrades, feedback from staff, and/or a reported patient safety event.
* Strong analytical & communication skills; proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office 365 suite (Word, Excel, Skype, Powerpoint), Access and Visio; confidence when intervening with professionals & non-professionals; ability to anticipate and assess teaching needs of all Laboratory personnel as they relate to computer system technology applicable to the Laboratory. Crystal Report, SQL, or other database query writing capabilities
* Minimum of 5 years experience as an LIS Administrator.
* Bachelors Degree or 4 years experience working within a clinical Laboratory or IS department
* Familiarity with the Sunquest database schema.
* Background in Laboratory computer system technology, particularly Sunquest LIS installations.
* Additional degree related to computer science or systems technology preferred; or considerable related experience required.
* MT, CLS, QLI, BOCP-CR
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.