Mercury General Corporation
The Systems Engineer, Senior is a senior level position that works independently to design, implement, administer and support critical, high transactional systems that have direct customer, revenue and /or compliance impact. Mentors and shares technical expertise with less experienced systems engineers.
Essential Job Functions:
* Implements infrastructure systems and components in support of business and IT applications such as hardware, servers, software (such as operating systems, packaged software, configuration files, security certificates, database system etc.), and appliances. Independently conducts implementations that include installation, configuration, update, documentation and knowledge transfer.
* Analyzes, diagnoses, isolates and identifies system problems. Create short term solution to alleviate problem symptoms. Identify root causes and create and/or execute long term remediation plans. Contribute to compliance related activities such as reporting, baseline and verification.
* Participates in application development process by reviewing non-functional requirements and propose, design, and deliver supporting infrastructure.
* Occasionally manage small scale IT projects or exercise technical leadership to oversee the architecture design and validation where relevant systems delivery is involved.
* Shares knowledge and mentor less experienced staff
* Initiates, promotes, and exemplifies best practices in areas of capacity, asset/inventory, configuration, update, procurement, and vendor engagement.
* Develop, design, test, and document improvement solutions and processes (such as scripting, automation, and workflow) aimed to improve system's efficiency, reliability, scalability, and cost effectiveness.
* Demonstrates Mercury's core values of People, Service Excellence, Trustworthiness, Process Simplicity and Product Value
* Cordially and professionally interact with customers, vendors, superiors and peers
* Regular attendance on a full-time schedule of at least 8 hours and 40 hours per week
* Various marginal functions
* BS Computer Science or a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Minimum 5 to 7 years of prior working experience in systems engineering or related in a medium or large organization
About Mercury General Corporation
Mercury General Corporation is the insurance organization, engaging in personal, automobile, homeowners, renters and business insurance.