This position supports Raytheon's DOMino contract, a single-award IDIQ worth over $1 billion. This contract delivers full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced cyber threats. Under this contract, Raytheon will support the government in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for the NCPS. Raytheon will build the mission critical cybersecurity solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat warnings and improve information sharing across DHS's stakeholder community.
The Sr. Linux Engineer applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security. Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology. Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers. Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy. Tracks and manages program/project POAMs, and works with stakeholders to resolve and close in a timely manner.
This position requires shift work (nights and weekends).
Current Top Secret clearance with SSBI in the last five years. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
* Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
* Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
* Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
* Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications
* Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
* Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place.
* Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services.
* Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain.
* Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
* Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation.
* Provides configuration management (CM) form information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
* Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
* Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
* Good communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best available data
* IDM/Free IPA
* Open Nebula
* Satellite Server
Training/certification in any of the following strongly desired:
* Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
* Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
* A Master's degree in a related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience
* Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person or a who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
138585BR 138585 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Arlington
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.