Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical managers to lead, build, coach, and grow, a technically skilled, Solutions Development Team. Your priority will be to develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions development team by enabling and coaching them on innovative architectures, quality software development, and career growth. Ideal candidates have experience leading medium sized development teams, defining projects and features, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy solutions and new features sets.
If you think you can raise the bar and lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring managers for our Solutions Developers.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and development-focused skills of your team. A passion for learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technologies are keys to success. We are looking for, thought leaders who look beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and help change how technology is viewed. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop coding/scripting skills. You will also be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, marketing, support, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
* Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history".
* We love what we do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. Success means that you are dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
* Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. Success means educating, training, and enabling cloud solutions experts for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
* Have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions. Past experience working as a Solutions Architect, Developer, or similar role and leading a team of Solutions Architects or developers is an important ingredient to success. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture and solution building discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Guide and motivate the development of production quality solutions and other high-value customer facing guidance and innovative architectural solutions
* Attract, hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Developers from internal and external sources
* Collaborate with other AWS internal teams (services, marketing, professional services, business development) to help identify and produce the most impactful customer solutions
* Capture and share best-practice knowledge across the AWS community
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.