AWS Lambda is changing the way that companies big and small think about computing in the cloud. Lambda functions offer customer a "serverless" way to create applications, an approach that let's customers turn business logic and application code into scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without requiring every developer to become an expert in distributed systems, deployment technologies, and infrastructure management.
AWS Lambda is one of the fastest growing AWS services and we're looking for a highly technical engineering leader who shares our passion to change the way the world computes. You should be unfazed by challenges like converting the entire planet to a new way of creating and running applications, building and operating the largest distributed systems in the world, and growing teams, code, and customer outcomes at a rapid pace. Prior experience in delivering cloud services and massively scaled systems is a must have, as are high standards, an eye for detail, and an ability to predict and respond to the next set of growth challenges.
This leader's responsibilities will include all aspects of the service experience: designing and building the software, managing its operations, and delivering on customer performance expectations. A successful candidate must have experience dealing with ambiguity, be able to grow a highly qualified team of distributed systems and security experts and be able to coordinate closely with other Seattle-based AWS teams and key external partners. If you are interested in living every day at the forefront of high scale and cutting edge distributed technologies, we want you to help us grow Lambda!
Key Strategic Objectives:
* Manage and grow a high-performing development team to design, implement, and operate core AWS services that manage container technologies, language runtimes, and secure code execution.
* Sustain a high pace of feature development while simultaneously designing for security and availability and scaling every aspect of the team and service at a massive rate of growth.
* Make critical decisions regarding technology selection, balance feature and operational priorities, and set high standards for quality and on-time delivery.
* Define and execute against meaningful performance and operational SLAs that capture the customer experience.
* Collaborate effectively with peer teams across AWS, including IoT, Mobile, other AWS services, and third party ecosystems.
* Have a capacity for strategic planning in conjunction with a detail-oriented focus.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.