Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is recruiting for an XP Software Developer to join our Agile XP Engineering team in Chicago. Our common goal is to build digital products that support the Allstate Roadside Services strategy. This team will engineer software all day, every day, on a full-stack cloud platform, Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Driving quality leveraging test-driven development with continuous integration & continuous delivery is key to our engineering approach. As an engineer, this role will partner with our Allstate Roadside Services Product Manager and Product Designers to iterate the product vision into software that meets end user needs. This is a tremendous opportunity to deliver the next-generation product for our end users, Roadside Rescuers, who help our customers when their vehicle is disabled. This product is used to dispatch our Service Providers to assist our customers when their vehicle is disabled. The Allstate Roadside Services division is a small business within the Allstate brand that competes with motor clubs such as AAA. The software product suite is a combination of Mobile Apps & web-based applications that allow tow truck drivers or mobile response units to be dispatched when a customer needs roadside services. This team will be working at our innovation hub in the Merchandise Mart which will provide the latest in modern equipment, healthy work spaces, and engineering tools to accomplish our goals.
* This role requires minimal production support.
* The primary role is new feature delivery to change the way we incentivize our end users to engage with Allstate Roadside Services customers.
* About You: You are passionate about software engineering with an interest in learning. ·
* You will measure success by working software and end user satisfaction. ·
* You have well-developed communications skills and enjoy collaborating. ·
* You have a clear understanding of cloud services, deployment models, and distributed systems.
* A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals ·
* Verifiable 5+ years of developing, engineering, and implementing systems at scale as a full-stack developer ·
* Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object oriented design principles ·
* Knowledge of developing software in different programming languages, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages ·
* Experience developing & consuming web services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs, and APIs (service-oriented architectures) ·
* Use object-oriented design (OOD) patterns for separation of operations, code reusability, security, and response time ·
* Actual experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps; assumes tool knowledge such as Jenkins, Concourse CI, and/or Gradle ·
* Experience with monitoring tools like Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Iris, or Vision
* The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Allstate is a company operating as a personal lines property and casualty insurer.