Make an impact and love what you do!
As the senior software engineer/team lead embedded in an energetic mobile agile team of Software and QA Engineers, you will lead the team in creating mobile software products utilizing state of the art technologies. You will be hands on, involved in designing mobile applications and flexible services that expose core capabilities to different applications and user bases, and leading teams to achieve the vision through active mentoring, technical decision-making, and facilitating company-wide collaboration. All of this will be accomplished with cutting edge, lean-agile, software development methodologies. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
If you love mobile technology, are hungry to learn, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to get in touch with you.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.
If you're looking for challenge and opportunity, reach out to us at www.vertafore.com/careers
Skills & Requirements
We need senior software engineer/team leads that:
* Have an intense passion for building software and mentoring their teams
* Are very strong in both design and implementation at an enterprise level
* Have 5-7 years of professional experience with Java and common frameworks
* Can work advanced database magic with relational and NoSQL databases
* Are in-tune with high performance and high availability design/programming
* Have experience in security best practices for software and data platforms
* Design 'perfect-fit' solutions with engineering teams and business units to drive business growth and customer delight
* Enjoy solving problems through the entire application stack
* Are interested and capable of learning other programming languages as needed.
We love senior software engineer/team leads that:
* Closely follow industry trends and the open source community
* Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code
* Are curious and avid learners
* Can interact with customers to gather insights and translate technical concepts
* Communicate clearly to explain and defend design decisions
* Are self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
* Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
* Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
* Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
* Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
We really like it when they:
* Have experience working in an Agile environment
* Have experience with Java
* Have degree in Computer Science or similar valuable experience
Vertafore offers the broadest and most adaptable technology solutions in the insurance industry to better prepare you for the disruption at your doorstep.