Alliance Data Systems
Epsilon Online Solutions is looking for a Sr. Java Engineer to be part of our growing team. Our Software Developers create innovative solutions for social media, search and all sorts of cool internet advertising platforms in a Big Data environment. We focus on digital advertising and provide world class support to our internal and external clients. The Online Solutions group wants people who can analyze business problems and then design solutions to solve them. We need people committed to designing and implementing top quality solutions in a rapidly changing environment.
Essential Job Functions:
The Sr. Java Engineering position will focus on designing, developing and supporting all of our online data solutions. This person will work closely with business leads to design and build innovative solutions. The responsibilities for this position include:
* Responsible for the architecture, design and development of complex systems, including new systems or large scale enhancements from start to finish.
* Design, develop, and implement robust, high volume applications using Java, Oracle, Linux and other related technologies.
* Works independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignment to find solutions to complex problems.
* Identifies appropriate risks and develops mitigation plan. Responsible for creating re-useable processes that help implement each solution.
* Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
* Works with stakeholders to understand the business needs and gather requirements in order to develop appropriate applications.
* Prepares business and technical documentation.
* Researches market to identify upcoming technology to implement within the company.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
* 12 years development experience with increasing responsibility.
* Last 5 years designing and developing applications using Java.
* 5 year of relational database development, preferably Oracle database development, design and PL/SQL programming.
* Extensive experience working in a Unix environment. Experience writing Unix Shell Scripts.
* Strong problem solving skills are required.
* Big Data experience is a plus, especially experience with Cassandra or Hadoop.
* Experience with software development processes and methodology.
* Experience with Agile methodology a plus.
* Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time efficiently.
* Excellent analytic skills and deadline focused, detail oriented, well organized and self-motivated.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills.
About Alliance Data Systems
Alliance Data Systems provides marketing, loyalty, and credit solutions.