About Frontier Communications:
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier's video offerings include FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Frontier Communications is seeking a Sr. Testing Analyst to join our growing IT QMO team. This position is responsible for development of test plans and test cases for our Service Orders and Billing IT system enhancements that align business goals, IT Initiatives, and technology considerations. This position is also responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining manual test scripts for application checkout, progression and regression testing scripts. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for utilizing Automated test scripts, creating Automation test sets, executing test runs using Automation tools, then analyzing and reporting results.
* Quickly learn the existing application and begin creating a cohesive testing strategy that can improve software releases
* Define an overall test strategy as it pertains to the strategic projects for the assigned system.
* Analyze Business Requirements and Technical Documentation to determine test strategy, write test plans, test cases, and determine testing estimates
* Act as a mentor to other team members in regard to expertise in testing techniques and database and system technologies.
* Analyze, refine, and transform test cases as applications are created and changed.
* Maintain documentation to improve system knowledge of peers.
* Understand complex integration layers between Frontier systems
* Engage directly with users to gain understanding of business processes to improve testing strategies and future project requirements.
* Debug and trouble shoot applications using necessary tools for different programming languages such as RPG, HTML/XML and SQL
* Perform Billing invoice verification, making sure content is accurate and presentation is correct.
Required Skills and Experience
* Minimum of 10 years testing and improving IBM telecommunication software applications
* Minimum of 10 years testing processes and applications for Order Management and Billing organizations
* Excellent team player, eager to learn from others and to share skills with colleagues
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to adapt quickly to learn and support new systems and applications.
* Able to manage projects, this includes interaction with internal/external customers
* Use SQL to perform validation
Required Software Skills
* Office Tools: Microsoft Excel, Word, and SharePoint
* Operating Systems: Windows, OS/400
* Languages: RPGLE, CLLE, XML, SQL
* Application Skills: HP ALM to manage test cases and defects
* Databases: DB2 for IBMi
Desired Knowledge or Software Skills
* Client/Web Skills: XSLT, JSON, SOAP
* Languages: Java
* Development Tools: Rational Developer for i, SEU
* Application Skills: JIRA, Confluence
* SDLC: Agile-Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall
* Telecom knowledge including Products, Service Orders, and Billing
The person should also possess the following traits
* Enjoy working with others in a team atmosphere
* Thrives in a collaborative work environment
* Have a "customer-service first" orientation