Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose-improving lives through your life's work.
Developing solutions that truly matter gives my work purpose. Different Reasons. Same Mission.
About the role:
Boston Scientific is seeking an experienced Senior Manhattan Warehouse Management System Engineer. This is a highly visible, technical, and strategic role that will be a critical member of the Quincy Distribution Center IT value stream team. This individual will be a key part of the Global Information Technology (IT) Department working with our internal IT partners and architects, distribution center team, and with external Boston Scientific solution partners. The goal of this role will be to support ongoing technical and functional demands associated with the Manhattan platform while enabling optimization and improvement of the end to end solution. The successful candidate will be equally qualified in requirements gathering, technical configuration, testing, and ongoing support, while being a subject matter expert on Manhattan. This role will report directly to the IT Senior Manager responsible for the Global Supply Chain organization.
* Provides technical and functional leadership on all projects, technology, and initiatives that support the Quincy Distribution Center
* Responsibility for the end to end distribution technology stack that our flagship distribution center operates on, with a specific technical and functional skill strength around the Manhattan WMS platform
* As an engineer with subject matter expertise on the Manhattan platform, the individual should have full functional knowledge of how a distribution center operates and how those functional processes can be built and supported in Manhattan
* They will be considered both a technical and functional resource responsible for working with other members of the value stream team to design and configure Manhattan to satisfy business requirements
* Requirements gathering, solution design, configuration/coding, testing, and ongoing support
* Understands distribution related business process in order to strategically suggest and implement the right tools and solutions in order to drive business efficiency and defect reduction
* Provides requirement analysis, level of effort estimation, and project planning input
* Works collaboratively with cross-functional and technical teams to provide advice and information to global groups and serve as an advocate to promote the benefits of the respective solution
* Communicates highly technical solutions to business partners at their level of technical understanding
* Enhances, maintains and supports the development of systems throughout the Software Development Lifecycle according to the IT methodology, department SOP's, and team guidelines
* Creates and maintains system documentation according to the IT methodology (proposals, designs, test specifications, and other deliverables as necessary) for new and existing applications
* Provide end user demonstrations and support where needed
* Analyzes existing system landscape and tools in an effort to identify areas of improvement, optimization, and retirement
* Eager and able to help build out the processes and operating rhythm of the value stream approach (Agile, product focused, DevOps).
* Basic Knowledge of SCI (Supply Chain Insight)
* Basic Knowledge of Upstream Supply Chain Systems (SAP preferred)
What we're looking for:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 8+ years of related experience
* 5+ years of hands-on technical experience with the Manhattan platform
* Deep and broad knowledge of multiple technologies with extensive knowledge of the capabilities and constraints
* Understanding of the fundamental designs for all subsystems of a product with a specific focus on product and technology stack interoperability with adjacent products
* Understanding of environmental shifts in technology and the impact against product
* Understanding of the full breadth of needs for a solution to be brought to market (infrastructure, QA, UA, security, etc.)
* Technical mastery in all architecture domains of a product
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization - both written and oral communication
* Able to work on a team, in person, and in a collaborative setting
* Experience working in an agile environment
* DevOps experience an advantage
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated ability to produce high quality software under tight time constraints
* Proven experience working in a regulated environment with quality systems which includes strong documentation skills.
* Self-motivated, self-directed, adaptable
* Strong organizational skills, experience working in large development teams and strategic initiatives
* MS degree
* Knowledge of Agile tools (e.g. JIRA)
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there's no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 445387
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific provides medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world.