Abiomed, an innovative medical device company, is focused on recovering hearts and saving lives. We have a single guiding mission: "Patients First." With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, offices in Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed's 1,300 employees form one of the fastest growing medical technology companies in the world. Abiomed attracts and retains exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
As the Sr. IT System Engineer, you will work with the team to design, configure, deploy, maintain and support our comprehensive enterprise systems infrastructure (here and in the cloud). Your work will encompass the regular care and maintenance of systems, user and business level support in their operation, and project work for new initiatives. You will need to ensure reliability in the servers & storage systems, appropriate level of proper security configuration and access control, and operational compliance with business standards. You will complete your work responsibilities in tight partnership with other IT colleagues and business stakeholders. In summary you love technology, collaborate well with others, and are passionate about providing a reliable platform to enable business innovation.
What you will be doing:
* Design, configure, deploy, maintain and support the company's enterprise server and security infrastructure including but not limited to AD, SSO, Virtual Servers, VDI, Storage Arrays, O365, Exchange & email archive, Skype for Business, Azure, Backups and Disaster Recovery.
* Provide support assistance for the company's 7x24x365 mission critical infrastructure systems; including on-call, change window, and unplanned emergency response
* Analyze problems, recommend solutions, products, and technologies to meet business objectives & requirements
* Actively protect Abiomed's information technology assets and infrastructure from external or internal threats and ensure compliance with policies and procedures including regulatory requirements regarding information access, security and privacy
* Enforce policies and procedures through monitoring and auditing for potential security violations while ensuring systems are updated and patched
* Assist the end-user, other IT professionals, and external customers in server and security support requests
* Recommend server and security best practices to achieve stated business objectives, advise on risk assumptions for any deviations from standards, and provide alternatives to achieve desired end results
* Assist in incident response for any breaches, intrusions, or theft
* Evaluate and perform planning, testing, and implementation of software and hardware upgrades
* Prioritizing and managing both project and daily work flow responsibilities
* Maintain system documentation and configuration data for operating, regulatory, and audit purposes
* Adhere to proper process and change management requirements
* Collaboratively work with a global IT team and partner with external vendors for support of both internal, external, cloud, and hosted systems
* At least 5 years' experience of recent professional experience in System Administration
* 3 or more years professional experience with current server security protocols, best practices lockdown/configuration, and remediation
* Proven experience as a System Administrator; daily support, process maintenance program, project support and new technology evaluation/integration.
* Experience with Azure and Office 365 administration, health, maintenance and deployment
* Extensive experience in virtualized technology platforms including Hyper-V and VMWare
* SSO AD and Cloud application integration, support, and maintenance
* Experience with databases, general networking, storage array configuration and connectivity, and patch management
* Responsibility in messaging administration (on premise/cloud) and associated communication platforms
* Business continuity planning, data backup & disaster recovery, testing and validation; on premise and in the cloud
* Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
* Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
* Excellent communication skills
* Multitasker - can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a determined goal
* BS in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
Qualities that will make you stand out:
* Relevant professional level certifications (ex: Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator - MCSA or equivalent level)
* Experience working in and supporting a Global business with multiple geographically dispersed offices and data centers
* Mastery of automation of routine tasks, maintenance activities, and administration via PowerShell and other common scripting languages. Savvy in audit logging tools and analysis
* Command of fault tolerant system design and operation, including clustering and load balancing
* Outstanding customer service skills, including a passion to exceed support expectations and patience when working with non-technical users
* Demonstrated analytical, issue identification, troubleshooting, and creative problem-solving abilities
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
ABIOMED, Inc. is a provider of mechanical circulatory.