Job ID: PK-1032197 Description:
This position is responsible for developing, enhancing and optimizing PMO standards, tools, and methods; creating department and enterprise level reports to manage and drive project performance and quality management; coordinating individual department initiatives that support quality and improvement efforts (e.g. training, professional development, communications, processes, reporting, and tools) across the PMO.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelors Degree and 4 years of performance analysis, consulting, or planning experience OR technical degree and 6 years of performance analysis, consulting, or planning experience OR 8 years of performance analysis, consulting, or planning experience.
* Experience with managing projects; Flexibility, responsiveness, and initiative in managing multiple projects concurrently and meeting deadlines.
* Analytical thinking and consultative problem solving/consulting; ability to simplify and standardize complex concepts/processes. Adaptability/ability to manage change.
* Ability to influence and execute while navigating organizational politics.
* Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize, and make trade-off decisions.
* Teamwork and collaboration.
* Customer relationship management.
* Knowledgeable about industry best practices regarding project / program status reporting, project management methodologies, and project management tools.
* Clear and concise verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with all levels of management and employees, including developing and delivering presentations.
* Experience in process engineering and re-design.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Six Sigma and/or Lean experience or other process improvement methodologies.
* Security standards and regulatory compliance tools and platforms.
* Experience with project management lifecycle and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
* Experience with Jira
* Delivery methodology understanding (e.g., scrum).
* Solution Delivery Methodology or CMMI experience.
* Understanding of healthcare technical concepts and HCSC products and services.
* Full Microsoft Suite experience, including Visio and Project.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson, IL - Chicago