The power of data at scale has transformed almost every industry, personalizing experiences in many aspects of our lives. Yet in healthcare we've only scratched the surface. At Genentech and Roche we are accelerating the use of data insights and digital technologies to make significant strides to reach the full potential of personalized healthcare. We are seeking mission-driven, ardent, self-starting, creative individuals to join us in this effort.
The Business Systems Analyst will work closely with key stakeholders in the PHC Center of Excellence and serve as trusted IT strategist to analyse and coordinate hosting of different use cases on PHC Data and Analytics platform with the PHC COE, Business and Partners. The Business System Analyst will be responsible for driving the execution of the IT strategic plan and works with stakeholders to identify requirements which enables the business to achieve its PHC vision and strategy. The goal is to enable the PHC vision and delivery of the different use cases on PHC platform for Roche/Genentech's current and future PHC needs.
The PHC Data and Advanced Analytics Platform will provide data science users the capability to ingest, process and analyze large scale Global Scientific Datasets including Omics, Imaging, Digital and EHR modalities. The Business System Analyst provides the business stakeholders a window to key innovative technology trends and implementation of PHC use cases on PHC platform which has the potential to accelerate the fulfillment of the strategic vision. Through use of dashboards and governance boards, provides continuing communication to provide the business an overview of the progress of current IT innovation(s).
We expect the Business System Analyst to be a passionate business and product advocate within IT, with proven Business Analyst capabilities. The Business System Analyst must be an effective negotiator, leader and communicator in working with Roche/Genentech's multiple business units as well as with internal IT cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for transforming healthcare, a high level of flexibility, and commitment. The Business System Analyst will join our diverse community of smart, fun, wholehearted, and engaged informatics professionals from various functional areas. This person will share our community values of passion, courage, integrity, and gratitude -- all in service of our mission, "doing now what patients need next."
As Sr. Business Systems Analyst on the PHC Pharma IX/Technology team, you will:
* Partner closely with key stakeholders from PHC Center of Excellence, Research and Early Development teams (REDs), Product Development (PD) and Commercial business groups, and corresponding Pharma IT Groups and Global Infrastructure and Solutions (GIS)
* Influence senior leaders across Roche and communicate PHC IX/Technology vision, strategy, goals, status, and impact
* Collaborate with Project Managers, Architects, Engineers, Developers, Quality Assurance, and User Experience Designers on scope, solutions, constraints, and risks
* Analyze/document current and future business process models, high-level requirements (scope), and detailed functional specifications and/or stories; communicate to the lead developers and developers effectively
* Document data requirements (from business needs perspective)
* Support planning of user acceptance test (UAT), including the creation of UAT scripts
* Perform knowledge transfer to training and communication teams and support user deployment activities as needed
* Produce detailed wireframes and mockups using visualization tools for prototyping
* Have a broad knowledge and leverage the technical capabilities of the internal teams and external technology providers and vendors.
* Bachelor's degree in Biology, Business, Information Systems or related field; Master degree in Business, or Science is preferred
* Overall 8+ years experience as Business Systems Analyst, of which at least 5 years should be in life sciences or healthcare industry.
* Background and experience in either AWS platform/ Infrastructure or Data Management a must.
* Strong experience with end to end data processing pipelines, from data ingestion to Advance Analytics containing different data modalities e.g EHR, Digital, Imaging and Omics and a demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, high-growth environment is required
* Define and develop technical requirements and design specifications for the core platform enhancements and data/analytics solution
* Experience with reporting/visualization technologies e.g R Shiny, AWS Quicksight, Tableau and Qlickview etc.
* Strong awareness and market knowledge of Advanced Analytics & Data Science SaaS Services, platforms and tools e.g. datascience.com, h2o.ai, HPC landscape and container orchestration etc.
* Experience and understanding of application development methodology - including Agile and Waterfall approaches, functional requirements, process modeling and re-engineering, use case development, user acceptance testing, organizational change management, and large-scale system implementations
* Proven skills in relationship building, customer-focus, decision-making, and problem-solving
* Demonstrated ability to quickly learn the business in unfamiliar areas
* Ability to work in environment of competing and alternating priorities with constant focus on delivery
* Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills; solid business acumen; well-honed influencing skills are essential.
* Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Consulting & Key Account Management