Position Description Benefits Supplemental Questions
The City of Seattle is seeking qualified candidates for the term limited assignments of Sr. IT Business Analyst with Seattle Information Technology (IT). The assignments are expected to last between 6 months and up to 3 years.
As a city, Seattle is known as a progressive leader in technology, innovation and the environment. As an employer, the City of Seattle is leading local government in environmental stewardship and social justice amongst other things, making our City what it is today and shaping our exciting future. The organization's workforce plays a critical role in making this possible.
Seattle IT is the technology backbone of the City of Seattle's complex operations and its ability to deliver a wide array of services for the residents of Seattle. The 700+ strong professionals in Seattle IT are involved in the full spectrum of a modern IT enterprise offering many dynamic career opportunities. Our vision is simple: be a Best-In-Class Digital Services Delivery Team and set best practices for others to follow.
Position Overview: Senior level IT business analysts have a strong technical and analytical skills in requirements analysis and business process analysis related to technology implementation projects. Assigned projects range in duration from under twelve months to multi-year efforts. Senior IT Business Analysts are accountable for requirements elicitation, analysis, documentation, business process and workflow mapping, test plan development and execution and end-user training and documentation. This role supports all aspects of our four-pillar approach to business analysis, including adherence to the BABOK standards, organizational change management, performance metrics based upon balanced scorecard, and continuous process improvement when designing future state.
* Responsible for identifying and recommending solutions to operational problems by implementing new software systems, integration of business processes into existing applications and the evaluation of workflow processes of the organization.
* Engage and work closely with business customers at all levels from front-line to Executive leadership.
* Ensure business goals and strategies are reflected in the recommended solution.
* Identify, recommend, and document specific business and technology requirements.
* Develop software fit/gap analyses, functional specifications, preliminary and detailed business requirements, use cases/user stories, software requirements, and process/work flow diagrams.
* Communicate requirements and opportunities to all levels of the organization.
* Support business users by collaboratively helping develop user procedures and training materials; may also deliver training or develop training materials on the new system.
* Work with the quality assurance resources to deliver sound test plans and quality results by reviewing process and system changes.
* Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the business processes and the associated IT systems as informed by business staff.
* Build a strong working relationship with application owners, key business stakeholders, and all of the various IT resources to ensure the IT organization is delivering the right services and products required by the business.
* Gather and evaluate information from multiple sources for project planning, requirements gathering, including: interpreting high-level information; abstracting from low-level information to a general understanding; and evaluating user requests to perceive the underlying needs of the business.
* Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts on system design and documentation.
* Support the four-pillar approach to business analysis, including completion of deliverables following the BABOK standards, developing organizational change management plans and deliverables following the Prosci® model and ACMP standard, identifying and developing performance metrics, and support continuous improvement objectives.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered for the required qualifications.
* In depth experience in business analysis implementing technology projects
* Experience with business process modeling, workflows, and data analysis.
* Demonstrated experience working with implementing COTS systems and/or replacement of legacy systems
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science or equivalent education and/or experience.
* 5 or more years of business analysis experience implementing technology projects
* Business Analyst Certification (CCBA or CBAP).
* Government and/or public sector experience.
* Skilled in facilitation requirements gathering sessions with large groups with diverse perspectives; ability to bring groups to consensus
* Experience with developing end-user training materials and delivering training
* Experience writing project documentation and deliverables.
* Experience engaging with all levels of management including senior level executives.
* Ability to build trust and engagement with project team and business stakeholders.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Experience with organizational change management, Prosci® model.
* Experience with Lean or other Continuous Improvement Processes.
* Experience with Performance Metrics, development and monitoring.
* Experience with RFP process (requirements definition, vendor evaluation, etc.).?
Additional Information: NOTE: Submit cover letter & resume along with NeoGov application.
NOTE: Employment contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive criminal background investigation in compliance with Seattle's Fair Change Employment Ordinance SMC 14.17.