The Auto Applications Department is responsible for all projects related to the application development and ongoing maintenance of all business applications supporting operational areas within Auto Operations, Honda/Acura Sales, Auto Core Support, Export Sales and CEBD. Auto Applications systems provide critical business functions for Auto Sales, Dealer and Factory Ordering, Logistics, Sales Incentives and Marketing, and wholesale and retail sales.
The Senior IT Business Analyst is a core role and key to support the business, to keep Honda knowledge in-house and support IT direction of global sourcing and organization optimization. This core role requires good Automotive knowledge, experience and understanding of business processes in the areas of Auto Sales incentives, and marketing. This role serves as partner with business units to integrate IS technology with business needs to provide solutions.
* Support key IT, Auto Sales and Operations' Business Initiatives
* Achieve the goals for area of responsibility (Portfolio Support, Consultation, Vision)
* Firmly establish highly efficient NA IT Services
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
* 13 years experience in IT
* 5-8 years IT business analysis experience implementing software solutions
* Experience facilitating requirements gathering sessions, articulating user stories and driving completion
* Experience with writing agile user stories
* Understanding of data relationships, write and execute SQL queries
* Experience with automotive sales and distribution area is strongly preferred
* Gathers, refines, and validates complex business requirements and combine into a clear and prioritized backlog.
* Workstop facilitation, data analysis, task and workflow analysis
* Analyzes business processes/systems to understand to determine opportunities improvements
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Experience in building and maintaining test cases, defining acceptance criteria and issue resolution
* Collaborate with subject matter experts, developers and QA to reduce potential gaps in requirements
* System testing with complex batch and online processing
* Self-motivated, problem solver, reliable, fast learner, and customer
* Able to work proactively, make informed decisions and know when to escalate
* Able to interface with business units effectively, i.e. communicate, coordinate and anticipate needs
* Work well with other support groups (good influence and negotiation skills)
* Able to manage time and diverse activities under deadlines while delivering quality results, on time, on budget
* Strong customer orientation required
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.