In addition to these core responsibilities, candidate will also be responsible for architecting data management and analytics projects, including data modeling, ETL, architecture, and business intelligence.
From a technology perspective, candidate will focus on Informatica technologies of Informatica Data Quality and Informatica MDM and be a key platform owner of those technologies. Candidate will likely get involved with other data management projects, including Oracle databases, cloud-based data systems, Informatica ETL, and business intelligence applications such as PowerBI and Tableau.
Key responsibilities are:
* Driving data quality, data governance, and master data management direction, strategy, and delivery across Biogen as part of the DEA (Data Engineering and Analytics) IT team.
* Delivery of data quality, data governance, and MDM projects, including potentially coordinating business analyst and developer contractor resources.
* Platform ownership of data quality and MDM platforms, including setting direction for upgrades and tool selections.
* Strategic direction for the core responsibility areas including industry best practices.
* Participation in other data engineering and analytics projects. BI project architect / technical lead creating functional design for overall BI solutions. Focus will be on the data side, but may also get involved on analytics aspects.
* Interaction with Infrastructure teams to determine appropriate environments for these solutions.
* Strong communication skills.
* Experience with Informatica PowerCenter, or other ETL technologies.
* Experience with Oracle or other relational databases, or other non-relational database (noSQL, data lakes, big data, etc.).
* Cloud technology and storage mechanisms, especially AWS.
* Understanding of data science principles and technologies.
* Ability to share external expertise in the above arenas to elevate the knowledge of others in DEA as well as constituent groups.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with Computer Science or related degree preferred.
Biogen is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.