Sr. IT Applications Analyst. Work at our Dublin, CA location.
Responsible for working on projects that apply new or existing technologies and solutions to solve business needs. Work with the IT and business management teams to define overall technical direction. Partner with the business to determine system needs, influencing and guiding the change process from concept to implementation. Coordinate the efforts of internal and external staff, and of key business partners in support of existing production systems and in the execution of new system projects. Serve as a functional and/or technical expert in one or more disciplines. Perform the following duties:
* Develop partnership acting as a liaison between technical and business teams to understand, troubleshoot, interpret and advise on technical questions or business use cases.
* Lead development of materials and deliver / present to senior leadership.
* Manage meetings, issue resolution, escalation, etc. for the teams during the complete lifecycle of all assigned projects.
* Drive functional and technical planning and design with supporting vendors for all assigned projects.
* Drive test planning and execution throughout all phases of testing (i.e. unit, end-to-end, integration, performance, operational readiness, user acceptance.) for all assigned projects.
* Support creation and review of test-related deliverables including test approach, test plan, test scenarios, test cases/conditions, test scripts, and test results.
* Analyze ambiguous and complex challenges and recommend mitigations and improvement approaches.
* Drive the planning and execution of deployment plans with all stakeholders.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or related field plus 5 years' experience supporting retail systems or IT consulting experience supporting retail.
* 2 years of experience working for a national retailer with multiple stores or consulting firm.
* 2 years of experience with implementation, enhancements and support of Workforce Management (WFM) solutions.
* Experience implementing and/or supporting hardware and packaged solutions.
* Experience in risk identification and management.
* Demonstrated track record managing technical application projects.
* Demonstrated ability to execute basic financial analysis, such as ROI.
* Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
* A solid understanding of industry best practices in retail, specific demonstrated experience mapping business processes and comparing those processes to industry best practices.
* Solid understanding of retail dynamics within a complex, highly integrated environment.
* Must have legal authority to work in the U.S. EEOE.
Mail resume to: Ramya Thattai, Manager, IT Operations, Ross Stores Inc, 5130 Hacienda Drive, Dublin, CA 94568.
About Ross Stores
Ross Stores is a chain of off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores.