United States Cellular
Sr IS Security Operations Engineer - INF001245
The role of the IS Sr Security Operations Engineer is to help drive the efforts to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the enterprise infrastructure and information assets across US Cellular. The scope of the position involves identifying, implementation, maintaining, and configuration of key enterprise security tools and initiatives while taking some direct responsibility for driving the results. Included are key security tool such as Web Application Firewalls, WIPS, DLP, File Integrity monitor, Firewall Rule Auditor, Forensics Tools, Vulnerability Scanning Tools, and Key Encryption as well as other security devices and operations.
The Security Operations team is responsible for management of all Security tools, executing the Security Incident Response process for any alerts or events found within their tools set or from additional sources as well as identifying and scoring risk related to the Enterprise. The Security Engineer is expected to maintain professional working relationships at all times. Contacts will include key corporate stakeholders, the Information Risk Security Team, Network National Operations Security Engineering, associated working groups, and external contacts within the information security industry. The individual is expected to meet objectives with integrity and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
* Proactively implements (new, upgrade, maintenance), monitor and support enterprise Security Tools.
* Acts as the subject matter expert for key security tools, technologies and processes owned by the security team
* Performs change control and device configuration management activities on all security technologies
* Provides management level reporting of all critical intrusion or vulnerability detection tools.
* Invokes the security incident response process including security response team activities as well as providing and implementing tactical risk mitigation to incidents
* Actively protects the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of customer, employee, and business information
* Participates in the Risk Assessment Program including identifying and scoring risk.
* Provides vulnerability and threat management monitoring and mitigation response
* Participates in tactical and operational planning of vulnerability assessment activities
* Contributes to Enterprise security team effectiveness by accomplishing additional security related results as needed
* Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques
* Act in a supporting role in the execution of EIS projects and initiatives
* Participates in operations and tactical planning
Experience and Educational Requirements
* College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience required
* Minimum 7 years relevant work experience preferred
* Working knowledge of relevant technology, operations and key business processes.
* Member of SANS or other leading security organizations preferred
* Proven change management skills
* At least one (1) of the following Industry certificates CEH, CISSP, or OCSP required
* Influencing and negotiation skills
* General knowledge and understanding of UNIX / Linux operating systems. Familiarity with common UNIX and Windows utilities, diagnostic and monitoring tools.
* Scripting experience with Perl, Shell and/or Java is a plus
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Good organizational and interpersonal skills
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Proven change agent who consistently delivers results
* In depth knowledge of network protocols, LAN, WAN, SSL, Firewall, Load Balancer, and DMZ configurations.
* Knowledgeable of the PCI (Payment Card Industry) data security standard and other regulatory concerns (SOX, FCRA, FISMA, etc.)
Relevant Technical Skills - Advanced Knowledge of most items listed:
* Information Risk Management: Content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, SAML, forensics software, security incident response
* O/S: Linux (Red Hat, SUSE), Windows Desktop (XP, Win7, Win10) and Server (2000, 2003, 2008, 2012), UNIX (HP/UX, AIX, etc...)
* Network: Firewall and Switching technologies (Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, Checkpoint, etc.) OSI Model, VPN, IDS/IPS, Proxy/Reverse Proxy, WAF, Two Factor Authentication, RADIUS, Netflow, Anti-SPAM, Vulnerability Scanning/Reporting (Qualys, Rapid7, Nessus, NMAP, etc…)
* Software Languages: Perl, PowerShell, Python, SQL.
* End Point: Anti Malware, HIPS, Client based firewall, Whitelisting/Blacklisting technologies, GPO, WMI, BASH.
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
About United States Cellular
At U.S. Cellular, we're not just in the business of connecting calls, we're in the business of connecting people.
United States Cellular