Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Mobile Technology organization leads a coordinated technology approach to continually improving Schwab's Mobile solutions for Retail, Retirement, and the Automated Investment Platforms. Our team is seeking a talented Senior iOS Developer, who embraces being a technical leader and has a passion for using state of the art technologies to build compelling interactive mobile applications.
What you'll do:
* Be part of several Mobile teams that are passionate about building apps that are secure and customer delightful to use
* Construct, enhance and troubleshoot native iOS apps in an Agile, collaborativeenvironment
* Implement complex new features and functionality, as well as build entire applications end-to-end
* Work closely with developers, designers and our business partners to create beautiful, functional solutions
What you have:
* You possess an exacting attention to detail and the talent and enthusiasm for producing highly usable and scalable mobile software solutions using advanced development technologies
* You are a proven communicator with technology and business partners at various levels, and
* You are comfortable solving problems in a dynamic customer-focused team environment that utilizes the newest technologies and techniques.
* A Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or equivalent work experience,
* Extensive experience developing complex iOS applications in an enterprise environment,
* Hands-on experience supporting multiple versions of iOS SDKs, screen resolutions and device types,
* Ability to work well with other team members in a fast-paced environment,
* Experience consuming JSON web services,
* Be self-motivated, possess strong communication skills and be able to work in a team oriented environment,
* The ability to work in a fast, agile and nimble environment with frequent change,
* Hands-on coding experience with iOS platforms using Swift,
* Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills,
* Experience with creating unit tests as well as developer unit testing, and
* Experience with GIT.
* Exceptional Object Oriented (OO) design and development skills,
* An expert understanding of the iOS SDK,
* A strong understanding of software patterns and anti-patterns,
* Experience with asynchronous communications,
* Minimum of 3 years of iOS development experience,
* Minimum of 5 years of software application and systems development experience,
* A demonstrated high degree of proactivity. Specifically, identifying issues and building a plan to address, to include communicating plans/status and training others on that specific solution,
* A proven track record of high productivity in application, architecture, design, coding, and debugging,
* Experience with enterprise level branching/merging with Jenkins and/or Bamboo
* Understand mobile performance, latency, and security issues with extensive experience using performance analysis tools,
* Knowledgeable of security best practices for mobile application development/integration, and
* In-depth knowledge of current technological trends, developments, and best practices in the area of information security, wireless network architecture, mobile technologies, and associated concepts.
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Monday, April 15, 2019
Expiration Date: Monday, July 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.