Design Technologists at eHealth enable teams to better understand our products from concept through delivery by developing functional prototypes. They illuminate the customer point of view, help teams make rapid and frequent assessments of proposed features and requirements, and help create products and features that leverage the full capabilities within each platform.
eHealth creates powerful, customer-focused insurance products and ongoing tools that help people stay healthy and manage their care and the care of loved ones. At eHealth, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, mission driven environment, while leveraging the resources of one of the world's leading health-focused digital companies. If you've been developing interfaces for digital natives for your whole career, then be ready to continue developing for them, but you will also learn how to create interactive experiences for those on the other side of the digital divide - the poor and the elderly. We are helping them get plans too - plans like Medicare Supplement and individual health plans.
Whatever product you are working on, you will always find that the customers who are using your designs are not abstract at all. They may even be your friends and family.
Combining product design and interactive development expertise into a single discipline, Design Technologists are creating innovative UI solutions in partnership with product designers and product managers. As part of the design team they are also pushing the envelope on front-end engineering for mobile and inspiring development teams and leaders to invest in new ideas.
As a Design Technologist you will prove and explore product concepts at a variety of fidelities, from simple static prototypes through working samples and reference code. You will also support our researchers by making prototypes that are tailored for usability studies. In short, you are well versed in a mix of development and prototyping platforms and tools, and will select the best and most appropriate platform for the task. When possible, you are able to deliver code on the platform upon which the experience will ship, and you also know when doing so is not necessary or practical. You understand the strengths and weaknesses of the delivery platform, and are able to identify opportunities and work creatively within the constraints it imposes.
You will do this work as part of the design team and collaborate with highly capable designers, researchers, product managers and engineers. Our offices are located in San Francisco, where you'd be primarily based, and in Santa Clara, California. We may consider blending time in the office with working from home.
* Actively participate in product requirements development and design ideation as part of a small team.
* Rapidly build and iterate on prototypes that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task.
* Develop functional prototypes to prove and sell concepts to development teams, senior leadership and investors.
* Partner with engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to shipping products and services.
* Evaluate and document any new creative and/or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work
* Proactively mentor and develop other Design Technologists
* BS in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
* 5+ years of experience as a member of a design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications.
* Mobile app and mobile web development experience
* Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Portfolio of work that demonstrates detailed attention to gestural interactions, motion design, and graphic elements
Founded in 1997, eHealth is the nation's leading private health insurance marketplace. Millions of individuals, families and small businesses use our top-rated tools to compare and purchase health insurance from leading insurers like Aetna, Humana, Kaiser Permanente and Wellpoint. In addition to health, dental and vision insurance products, eHealth also provides powerful online and pharmacy-based tools to help Medicare beneficiaries navigate Medicare health insurance options, choose the right plan and enroll in select plans online.
Learn more at ehealthinsurance.com
See all open positions at linkedin.com/company/ehealthinsurance/jobs/
eHealth is the health insurance exchange and online resource for individuals, families, small businesses and Medicare.