About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network delivers branded payment programs to meet our partners' business objectives. We collaborate with our partners to innovate, translating market trends in branded payments to increase reach, loyalty and revenue. With a presence in over 26 countries, we reliably execute branded payment programs in over 100 countries worldwide. Join us as we shape the future of global branded payments.
Blackhawk is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. For more information, please visit blackhawknetwork.com.
Are you passionate about information security and technology? Do you find solving complex problems an exciting challenge? Do you have a strong understanding of attacker and defender tradecraft? Do you get excited about performing forensic analysis, reversing malware, and responding to security incidents? Are you looking for Life/Work balance? Are you looking to be a key contributor in the World's leading Anytime/Anywhere Payment Network? If you answered 'Yes', please read on…your career is at Blackhawk Network and we want to talk to you!
Blackhawk Network's technology include world-class transaction acquisition, switching and routing, real-time settlement, pre-paid card processing, fulfillment and business analytics components. State of the art consumer web sites, emerging mobile apps, and high-speed transaction processing with volume spikes that make Pikes Peak seem small are all part of a challenging and rewarding technology environment. What does this translate into from a security standpoint? We print money. That means we are heavily targeted by financially motivated threat actors and need people like you to help join the fight against evil.
We are looking to hire an experienced Senior Information Security Engineer to join the Blackhawk Network Global Information Security organization, reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Information Security. This Pleasanton, CA position will work with an existing team of talented SOC Security Engineers to detect and respond to active threats targeting our enterprise and platforms.
* Act in a Lead capacity for Incident Response, Threat Intelligence, and Forensics functions with the SOC located in Pleasanton, CA.
* Develop effective and efficient internal security procedures and documentation (i.e., runbooks), used for day-to-day security operations.
* Lead effective strategies for the detection & response, and reporting of day-to-day security incidents.
* Work with internal and external penetration testers to regularly test detection and response capabilities.
* Research and understand emerging information security threats, vulnerabilities, and their countermeasures.
* Work closely with other members of the Global Information Security team to develop effective strategies to test, tune, and deploy security technologies that are scalable and enhance detection and response.
* Provide guidance on security tooling selection and implementation - closing the gap in endpoint and network visibility across the enterprise.
* Keep up to date with latest penetration testing and ethical hacking methods.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent.
* 5+ years of experience working on a mission critical security operations team.
* Excellent communication, time management and organization skills.
* Recent experience detecting and responding to incidents in cloud and hybrid-cloud network environments.
* Recent experience in leading and driving technical and operational teams in complex environments.
* Recent experience analyzing network, system, and application data/telemetry, malware, and other incident response related data, as needed.
* Recent experiencing performing forensics in a predominately Windows and Mac environment. Experience with forensics on *NIX a plus.
* Strong knowledge of incident response best practices and processes.
* Strong knowledge of application, network, and system vulnerabilities and modern attacker techniques to exploit these vulnerabilities.
* Strong knowledge of methodologies for proactively detecting host- and network-based indicators of compromise.
* Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals, with a deep understanding of TCP/IP and other core protocols.
* Strong knowledge of operating system fundamentals and OS command line tools for Windows, *NIX, and OS X.
* Experience with enterprise forensics and enterprise detection and response tools (GRR, SIFT, EnCase, FTK, Mandiant Redline, Crowdstrike, etc.)
Blackhawk Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Blackhawk Network believes that diversity leads to strength.
About BlackHawk Network
Blackhawk is a leading prepaid payment network utilizing proprietary technology to offer a broad range of prepaid gift, telecom and debit cards, in physical and electronic forms.