HashiCorp is a fast-growing start-up based in San Francisco. We solve development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We're writing software to take you all the way from yesterday to today, and then safely to tomorrow and beyond. Physical, virtual, containers. Private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Windows, Linux, Mac. These are just some of the choices faced when architecting a datacenter of today. And the choice is not one or the other; instead, it is often a combination of many of these.
We are building a new team of Senior Implementation Services Engineers to ensure the successful delivery of HashiCorp's solutions for our enterprise customers. As a member of the Customer Service & Support organization, the Senior Implementation Engineer will be responsible for the project management and technical aspects of implementations. This starts with an internal hand-off with Sales all the way to a successful deployment, and a hand-off to the designated Technical Account Manager.
The successful candidates can be located in the Central States, preferably near Chicago, IL. Must be near a major airport
* Participate in the full lifecycle of a client implementation from initial internal hand-off from our sales team and sales engineer to installation, system configuration, and testing
* In some cases, you are also expected to provide some amount of training and limited post implementation support
* Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on HashiCorp architecture, tools and products
* Provide guidance for business decisions during the implementation from a technical perspective on issues such as: performance, scalability, reliability, and security
* Work with our Product Management, Product Engineering and Support team to resolve issues that occur during the implementation
* Manage the implementation plan, sharing weekly status reports
* Set, manage and meet mutual expectations with the customer to ensure satisfactory completion of implementation projects
* Handle escalations where necessary and manage customer as well as internal resources expectations
* Facilitate discovery and requirements analysis sessions with customers and the HashiCorp team
* Develop project plans and estimates in order to deliver on time and within budget
* Track and report project metrics to ensure project success and mitigate risk
* 8+ years Technical Account Management, Customer Support experience or Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - practitioners are highly encouraged to apply
* At least 8 years in a customer facing role/customer success role
* Ability to provide guidance for HashiCorp product deployment with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
* Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
* Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing HashiCorp tools such as Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Vault and others
* Expertise in open source and SaaS is a major advantage
* Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large enterprise companies
* Excellent presence; strong written and verbal communication skills
* Upbeat, passionate, and unparalleled customer focus
* Experience managing and influencing change in organizations
* Strong project management skills
* Overnight travel required during implementation phase of customer lifecycle. At peak times you'll be a road-warrior and travel up to 80%
* B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
About HashiCorp and this opportunity
This is a full-time position with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and ambitious team. HashiCorp is a series C start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp's software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-JN1
HashiCorp is a company that develops tools to help solve development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure.