Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
Responsibilities include optimization and support of complex communication systems.
Provide technical support of specialized systems and product applications including advanced troubleshooting of software driven electronics, provisioning of communication system infrastructure and performance optimization of RF and Broadband architecture including, but not limited to, legacy analog, advanced digital P25 and data infrastructure. Maintain, optimize, test and document complex communications systems. Provide weekly reports of activities and accomplishments. Must have very strong knowledge of wired communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN), must be proficient in computer network installation, configuration and maintenance systems to include cabling, routers, switches, firewalls and bridges. Must be capable of performing maintenance of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
* Must have strong knowledge of R.F. systems, such as transmitters, receivers, and antenna networks
* Must have strong knowledge in standard telephony and dedicated data circuits, as well as knowledge of packet switching techniques
* Must be highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
* Must have strong self-management skills and "people" skills to work closely with Motorola's customers and subcontractor (MSS) community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams
* Must be self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision
* Must be able to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations
Duties may also include:
* Perform preventative maintenance routines to ensure proper system operation with focus on trend analysis and documentation of results
* Develop solutions to difficult technical problems encountered as part of system maintenance, upgrades or support issues
* Totally familiarity with the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques
* Team with engineering, project management and sales personnel to effectively maintain, optimize and support advanced communication systems which meet or exceed customer expectations
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
* 2 year associate's in electronics or IT preferred
* 6+ years field experience as a System technician.
* Experience with logging recording systems, RF interfaces, wired/wireless communications systems and networking equipment
* Unique combinations of both strong multi-site RF communications system and computer/networking skills are required.
* The ideal candidate must demonstrate high level systems expertise and have a minimum of 6 years of related experience with the following equipment:
* Motorola Base Stations (STR series, GTR series, Quantar, etc.)
* Centracom Consoles (Gold Elite, MCC7500, MCC7100)
* Channel Banks and T1 Circuits
* Computer IP Networks and Configuration
* Experience working with RF Infrastructure Technologies to include Motorola SmartZone, Smartnet, Console Systems, ASTRO Conventional and Trunked equipment is strongly preferred
* The Candidate must have excellent skills in the use of various communications test equipment including:
* Communication System Analyzers
* Ethernet Link test sets
* T1 Test Sets
* TIMS (Transmission Impairment Measurement Set)
* Digital RF Power Meter
* Individual must have a superior knowledge of one or more of the following; Motorola Conventional, SmartNet, Centracom and MCC Console systems, Secure Operations and ASTRO A7.x Digital systems and installation procedures.
* Must be capable of performing maintenance of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
* Ideally the individual should have at least one network certification:
* Network +
* Related certification
* Must have experience with one of the following: P25, LMR, Smartnet, SmartZone, RF infrastructure, ASTRO systems, radios and consoles.
* Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and Motorola Radio Programming Software suite.
* Must have excellent communications skills and always present a professional image.
* Must have a current, valid driver's license and no traffic violations
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request. Motorola Solutions souscrit aux principes d'équité en matière d'emploi. Nous accueillons favorablement la diversité au sein de notre effectif. Sur demande, Motorola Solutions offrira des accommodements raisonnables aux candidats handicapés.
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.