Functional manager responsible for driving all activities within the scope of data collection, analytics and technology utilized within the Human Resources department. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity and successful delivery of programs, processes, services, metrics, reporting and time sensitive processes throughout the City of Garland. Typical systems include HR Information System(s), Applicant Tracking System, Benefits Management System(s), Document Control System and various ancillary applications.
An individual will be hired EITHER as an experienced Sr. HRIS Analyst or HRIS Manager depending on the desired skills, experience and qualifications.
Sr. HRIS Analyst Target Hiring Range: $59,301/yr - $74,859/yr +/- depending on qualifications
HRIS Manager Target Hiring Range: $65,146/yr - $82,243/yr +/- depending on qualifications
Essential Job Functions
1. Collaborate with key stakeholders including Information Technology, Finance, Payroll, related departments and vendors.
2. Continuously identify, evaluate and provide actionable recommendations for process and system improvements.
3. Be able to easily navigate between being a functional leader and an individual contributor depending on the needs of the organization.
4. Be seen as a credible partner, able to effectively outline issues, gain buy-in and execute solutions as needed.
5. Functional knowledge of human resources core programs with the ability to mirror needed processes and outcomes from a technical perspective.
6. General understanding of regulatory practices as it relates to reporting, compliance, employee management, payroll and/or other related areas.
7. Strong technical acumen, including understanding of database objects and administration.
8. Systems implementation experience.
9. Expert-level knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Access.
10. Experience with an HRMS such as PeopleSoft, Lawson or SAP preferred (direct HRMS experience required)
11. Reporting experience (Knowledge of Crystal Reports or other HRMS report generation tools)
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources, information technology, or related field
* 5 or more years professional work experience leading HRIS or Information Technology projects or system improvements.
* Complex project management experience, effectively managing multiple projects on time and on target
* Supervisory experience preferred (1-2 direct reports)
Licenses & CertificationsValid Class C Texas driver's license Physical Tasks & Working ConditionsThe incumbent works in a typical office environment; relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. CompetenciesModels Organization Values Customer Focus/Result Focus Communication Adaptability/Flexibility/Decision Making Managing Projects/Managing People Minimum Education & Work Experience - Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources, information technology, or related field - 3-5 years professional work experience in HRIS or Information Technology administration with demonstrated performance leading process or system improvements. - Demonstrated project management experience - Ability to identify issues and provide solutions autonomously - Strong attention to detail and ability to be timely and responsive to the needs of the department and organization -Proficiency with SQL and creating scripts to automate integrations/interfaces between various systems is required. - Expert level knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Access Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.