Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud powering hundreds of thousands of businesses in hundreds of countries around the world.
We're seeking an experienced Sr. Technical Program Manager to lead infrastructure expansion initiatives within our growing data center infrastructure portfolio. You will lead cross functional and technical teams to drive regional and global projects from inception through concept, feasibility, requirements, budget, design, implementation, testing and deployment.
At Amazon, along with technical strength, we expect our leaders to interact with internal customers, partners and suppliers to understand our business goals, and to execute rapidly, delivering high-quality functionality.
Candidates possessing a background in architecture/design, mechanical/electrical engineering, software/hardware engineering, data center infrastructure/operations, and/or construction, who have transitioned to a program management discipline will have a distinct advantage.
The Sr. TPM will:
* Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner.
* Clearly establish and communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes with project teams.
* Develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, and roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
* Anticipate bottlenecks, escalate appropriately, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
* Evaluate project feasibility, create cross-functional matrix-based teams, establish trust with a variety of stakeholders across multiple time zones, manage capital budgets, eliminate non-value-add activity, design solutions, effectively manage risk, and find creative ways to accelerate project delivery
* Manage conceptual development efforts, remote project delivery teams and facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues, and remove barriers to project success.
* Work comfortably with teams and peers from Real Estate, Design Engineering, Construction Management, Finance, Legal, Procurement and Operations to name but a few.
* Bring proven experience leading and delivering results with matrixed and partnered technical teams and individuals.
The ideal candidate:
* Has 7-10+ years of experience in tactical project management of highly technical initiatives, as well as strategic program management
* Is fully competent in a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle and exhibit demonstrated proficiency in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management, reporting and metric development/tracking.
* Has experience working in a complex engineering environment and will have worked as a technical project manager on increasingly complex projects.
* Has experience in data center technologies like Construction, Mechanical & Electrical systems, cable plant, server, or networking, as well as familiarity with data center automation tools.
* Has strong judgment, negotiation skills, and ability to influence without authority, analytical talent and leadership
* Can thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
* Is excited about the incredible opportunity cloud computing represents and is passionate about delivering complex infrastructure in a hyper-growth environment where priorities can shift rapidly. .
* Is an exceptionally strong communicator, both written and verbally
* Is familiar with one or more AWS products
If you meet these qualifications, exude passion and enjoy the challenges
of deploying highly technical and innovative projects at massive scale, this job is for you!
U.S. and/or global travel is anticipated.
The position can be located in Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA
This position requires the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance.
The position further requires, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.