Topgolf Media is looking for an experienced, hands-on Senior Game Server Engineer to develop the backend of a brand new sports game project. You will collaborate with design and engineering peers to create new features, systems, and technology for our game.
* Contribute to and drive development of the backend technology stack
* Design and write high quality code
* Design and implement database schema
* Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize and test software on server
* Collaborate with other internal departments (client development, design, QA)
* Document software and features for internal and external engineering teams
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of Java or other OOP programming language
* Excellent problem solving skills and judgment
* Proficient in debugging and performance optimizations
* Highly-motivated self-starter with a passion for making high quality software
* Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
* Strong sense of ownership and drive
* Positive, enthusiastic attitude with ability to interact with cross-departmental groups
* Experience with Scala or other modern functional programming languages
* Sports fan
* Passion for games
About Topgolf Media: Based in San Francisco, Topgolf Media creates and distributes advanced media content, enabling the Topgolf community to experience the best times of their lives. The division enhances in-venue golf games as well as creating experiences outside of the venues with apps, websites and virtual experiences. In addition, Topgolf Media cultivates relationships with global partners, sponsors and ambassadors to promote innovation within the Topgolf brand. Topgolf Media provides an intimate, fast-paced, collaborative environment that combines its love of sports, entertainment and lifestyle to produce quality content. We have a top-notch team that strives for the best and we are looking for others who prioritize quality and innovation. Our goal is to create compelling experiences to engage Topgolf fans of all walks in new, innovative ways. Topgolf Media does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Topgolf Media will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Topgolf Media and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Topgolf is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.