As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
Data Product Development Overview
Visa's position as the global leader in electronic payments enables us to collect and analyze a rich trove of data. The Data Product Development Organization enables Visa to tell our data story through business intelligence and develop innovative data-driven products. Our Data Product strategy is focused on advancing a new data platform, with a focus in three key areas:
* Enable data-driven applications - Our objective is to enable any developer inside Visa to build data- driven applications, which incorporate descriptive and predictive intelligence into business processes.
* Differentiate through data - Differentiated data-driven applications are enabled by engines that encapsulate innovative capabilities, real-time data sharing between applications, and increased adoption of predictive intelligence.
* Open up data assets - We will expose all of our key applications and selected platform capabilities via APIs as part of the Visa Developer Platform. We will also expose several self-service interfaces and tools to enable internal developers and analysts to access data in the shape and format they desire.
As a Software Engineer within Data Product Development, you will be placed in one of the following five teams:
* Business Solutions- Drives incremental revenue and market share through global adoption of Commercial platforms. Provides greater transactional insights and streamline B2B payments for commercial clients.
* Marketing Services - Delivers Loyalty Products to drive consumer preference and market differentiation for Visa. Drives incremental transactions to Visa through Loyalty products for merchants, issuers and partners.
* Fraud & Authentication- Provides consumer authorization solutions to enable secure and convenient transactions. Provides fraud detection and prediction solutions, and solutions to prevent and minimize fraud and manage other account activities.
* Business Intelligence - Supports/Provide Analytics and Reporting and Business Intelligence Products to internal and external customers. Enable end-to-end delivery of innovative data driven business products & solutions to our global business partners.
* Payment System Risk - Provide solutions that maintain and protect the integrity of the Visa payment ecosystem with a focus on brand protection and settlement risk. Provide solutions that minimize fraud and enable stakeholders to respond to compromises.
You may have the opportunity to contribute on the following areas:
* Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) based Transactional Data Management in Blockchain
* Predictive analysis to identify potential fraudulent commercial transactions
* Issuer Performance Solutions identify actionable opportunities to increase revenue and market share
* Marketing Platform prvide segmentation, insights, messaging, alerts and other common services
* Tools for authorization decisioning and fraud case management
* Mobile Location Confirmation helps issuers determine if the account holder is in the same location as the merchant at time of purchase
* High performance data visualization platform
* Geo Location Services
* Protecting cardholder data in the payment ecosystem
* Projects and assignments will be based upon candidate's technical abilities and interest. Location will be determined based upon the team's nee
General Eligibility Requirements:
* Pursuing Masters or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering and or related field
* Expected graduation date must be between December 2018 and July 2019
* Interest in relocating to Austin, TX if needed
* Proficient with Java, JEE technologies, REST and container based technologies.
* Experience with Object Oriented software development and building scalable
* Open source framework experience such as React, Angular, Spring, JQuery, Hibernate etc.
* Hands-on with Hadoop Stack - at least some of Hive, MapReduce, Spark and Kakfa
* Strong analytical skills coupled with excellent problem solving ability
* Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology
* All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
* Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.