Work Experience Required:
* 3+ years working with AngularJS and other similar JS frameworks
* 3+ years using Google Cloud or Amazon Web Services
* Experience in web application development and architecture, using Web Standards and related technologies for new feature development
* 3+ years agency or similar environment
Technical Experience Required:
* OOP - Object Oriented Programming & Functional programming
* Familiarity with ES6, Promises, Shadow DOM, Block Scoping, etc.
* DOM manipulation
* Event model & event propagation
* Unit Testing
* XHR, AJAX, JSON, API development / consumption
* Using API's (Twitter, Facebook, Google, YouTube)
* Advanced UI development
Frameworks / Libraries
* AngularJS / Angular
* Ability to upgrade Node / Bower to webpack
* Django templating / Twig (or similar)
* Familiar with key social API's; Google (inc. maps), YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
* Salesforce integration
Cross browser / platform development
* Mobile First Responsive Web Development
* Multiple devices, mobile, tablet & desktop
* Multiple browsers including backwards compatibility, often going back to IE8
* Familiarity debugging browser inconsistencies
* SVG's, Icon Fonts
Advanced HTML and CSS
* Semantically correct and valid code
* Accessibility (WCAG 2.0 at least AA)
* Complete understanding of HTML5 tags and attributes
* Complete understanding of CSS3 (Media Queries, Pseudo Classes, 3D Transforms, Advanced Selectors)
Build tools / workflow
* Webpack, Gulp, Grunt
* Node, NPM, JSPM, SystemJS
Product team skills
* Sketch, Adobe CC; Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
* Ability to slice and prep assets as required.
* Pixel perfect design implementations
* Responsive layouts
* Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides
* AGILE processes / methodologies
* Must write clean, efficient marked up code with documentation
* Can read code written by others
* Can write code from pseudo-code or verbal instructions
* Passion for best practice guidelines and coding standards
* Ensure code is written in accordance to Beyond or our clients coding standards and style guides.
* Support in the development and evolution of Beyond's development standards and best practices.
* Working directly with project & account managers in scoping & resourcing for successful delivery of projects
* Work with team members in designing front end architecture within Beyond's guidelines and to the latest HTML/CSS/Specifications
* Feeding back development status to the project lead and web producer
* Developing for specific browsers and devices
* Learning new and emerging technologies
* Working with colleagues in other offices and timezones
* Supporting live projects
* Feedback technical issues, as well as recommend solutions
* Problem solving, both technical and UI/UX, brainstorming with teams
* Working with UI/UX designers, as well as Back End developers
* Updating Statement of Work with development updates
* Updating and supporting Beyond's tech wiki
* Following Beyond's internal development processes
* Ensuring that projects are being delivered on budget
* Responsibility for successful project delivery
* Analytics and SEO metadata
* Performance, Accessibility & Optimisation using tools such as Page Speed
* Problem solving, bug fixing and ensuring the highest possible standard of work
Other things about this role:
While this is not a heavily client facing position the individual must be able to directly manage client expectations and deliverables both internal and externally. Front End Developers should be able to present technical proposals to clients and be comfortable working onsite with the client as needed to support project needs.
Beyond developers are expected to keep up-to-date with the latest trends, innovations, cultures and technical developments, tools and techniques. Front End Developers should provide technical assistance, research & development, educating clients and co-workers on technology where necessary. This is often the case when we are selling an idea, the "how & why".
The ideal candidate should be comfortable running internal show and tell workshops updating team members of latest trends. Developers should also attend industry events, meetups and networking events among your peer community. This position will reports directly into the FED Team Lead.