About the Team
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 800+ cities around the world.
About the Role:
As a frontend engineer on Configuration Platform team, you'll create tools used by city teams to manage our operations and logistics worldwide. You will work with UX designers to design simple, easy-to-use, intuitive interfaces and workflows to manage our core ride sharing business, as well as emerging products like UberEATS, UberFreight, mapping and New Mobility. Our tools are used by 15000+ customers across engineering and city teams, 1000+ microservices across Uber supporting millions of reads per second.
* Work within a small team, collaborating with your colleagues (product manager, designer, backend/mobile engineers) to ship impactful products
* Use experimentation and data analysis to tune your web applications to be high-performing, intuitive and functional
* Mentor, educate and support those around you, as well as other web engineers within the company
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Need:
* You have 3+ minimum Years of Experience with Frontend Development
* You have a strong understanding of HTTP, HTML, CSS, Web APIs and other core Web technology concepts
* You have experience and passion for building complex, performant, responsive, accessible and beautiful web experiences that are well-tested, documented and monitored.
* You are adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong
* You are excited to learn from and teach others
Bonus points if
* You have experience with modern web frameworks (React, Redux, Angular etc.)
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.