Who We Are
Sunrun is on a mission to make solar energy affordable for more people. We help people upgrade their home to solar energy without the big upfront costs. Sunrun is the leading dedicated residential solar company in the country and has a mission to bring clean, solar power service to the masses.
About Sunrun Software Engineering
We're hiring world-class software engineering talent to help our infrastructure keep up with daunting growth rates. We are literally working to change the world and revolutionizing the way people use renewable energy.
Want to work on massively scalable consumer systems? Re-invent how consumers buy energy? Have a measurable impact on one of humanity's biggest challenges? Come to Sunrun. You'll work alongside passionate engineers engaged in the design and development of a product that is changing the world. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you'll help implement features for all customer facing applications at Sunrun, and will also lead the way in transforming large portions of our stack to Serverless.
* Help establish the standards for the team in areas of technical excellence
* Work collaboratively with Product Management and our UX designers to develop applications that can be tested easily and will perform well under a variety of network conditions
* Champion adherence to best practice development methodologies
* Facilitate automated testing so all teams can innovate at a rapid pace
* Mentor and build skills across the team through effective standards setting, code reviews, and pairing
* Bias towards mentorship and skill-building
* Some breadth and depth in SAAS application design and implementation
* Excellent communication skills
* Good team player
Technical Skills Needed
* Strong knowledge of HTML5 (DOM, markup, browser APIs) and CSS3 (SASS preprocessor, OOCSS, modular)
* More specifically Redux as 'flux' framework
* Ability to work with JS build/task runners like Webpack, Gulp, Grunt and NPM run scripts
* Strong knowledge of Git, version control, branching strategies, merging, and rebasing
* Performance optimization experience including browser page rendering, network traffic, and back-end system tuning
* Solid understanding of MVC architecture and frameworks
* Strong focus on Automation - Continuous Integration/Deployment
* Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, S3, CloudFront Education
* BS/MS in CS or equivalent is preferred
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.