Location: Lincolnshire, IL
NEC Enterprise Communication Technologies, Inc. ("NECECT") is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation. The company develops and supports a wide range of solutions, including Unified Communications, Software-defined networking, Video Analytics and IoT.
NECECT is responsible for engineering Cloud service and Edge automation for our cloud solutions to meet the business and application requirements. Engineer Cloud service and Edge automation, which includes, but is not limited to the following components: - Quoting, Configuration, Integration with other back office systems - Specific services such as Logging, Monitoring, and Messaging delivered in an "as-a-service" model ・ Participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions.
Sr. Software Develoment Engineer
This position is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining front-end applications and components. The candidate must demonstrate technical maturity and the ability to take a leadership role at the project level. Be proficient in all phases of the software life cycle, including gathering requirements, writing functional specifications, writing design specifications, coding, debugging, testing and documentation. Have hands on experience supporting delivery through Agile methodologies
* Experience developing responsive design for desktop/mobile
* Experience with JS libraries such as ExtJS, Angular.js, Node.js and other frameworks
* Deep understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
* Experience with web framework - Angular, React, VUE, Bootstrap
* Have used visualization frameworks (D3, Chart, etc.)
* Good understanding of node.js, Micro services, REST API, and SOAP.
* Good Understanding of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
* Ability to setup an Angular application, design & Implement complete user interface in the form of a desktop web app, with adequate focus on application performance
* A thorough understanding of all of the components of the platform and infrastructure
* Developed and tested in containerized cloud environment (AWS, Azure)
* Java as a language for micro-service development
* Junit for unit testing
* UI Testing framework Jasmine, Karma & Protractor
* NoSQL Database such as MongoDB.
* Ability to define objects in JSON Format and ability to parse it.
* Experience in SCM tools such as Github, Bitbucket & Git
* Minimum of 5 to 8 years of software development experience
* This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
* Language Skills: Excellent English written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
* Reasoning Skills: Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role with ability to train and disseminate information to other team members as an senior level software architect including virtual team members. Stress might be high due to project status
* The ability to display strength working closely with other team members, managers and clients is a key element of this position. In-depth industry knowledge in the appropriate market segment(s) and in-depth technical knowledge in at least one area of specialization/solution.
* Ability to work effectively, collaboratively, and add value & leadership as a team member for the team. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills. Ability to train and disseminate technical and competitive information within area of expertise. Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
Computer and/or Technical Skills: Leading-edge technical knowledge and consultative skills above reproach, with in-depth industry knowledge in the appropriate market segment(s).
ABOUT NEC CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC is a leading provider of innovative IT, biometrics, network, and communications products and solutions for service carriers and Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including healthcare, government, education, and hospitality. NEC delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications, and biometric security. NEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in over 44 countries and more than $37.5 billion in revenue. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
NEC Corporation of America and its subsidiaries is committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goal of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic characteristics, height, weight, arrest record pertaining to misdemeanors or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Front End, Developer, Engineer, Electrical, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering