Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 200,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education and NGO, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our engineering team. That's where you come in.
Engineering at Pantheon operates in small mission-focused teams that are tasked with large business problems and armed with a fully capable set of engineering skills. They dig in, understand the problem and find the optimal path to success. You'll have the opportunity to contribute at all levels of the stack -- and we mean the kernel tweaking to feature design kind of full-stack.
We've got depth and breadth across the technologies we use to run the Pantheon platform at scale. You'll have many opportunities to pick up and apply new skills and gain professional experience with some of our existing use of Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, React, Node.js, Python, Golang, C, Chef, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, and more.
Pantheon's core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Generally, you will be involved in:
* Development of new and evolving user-facing features * Establishing reusable code, libraries, and patterns * Optimization of client-side concerns for durability, speed, and scalability * Ensuring the technical feasibility of product requirements and interface designs * Supporting production operations and provide engineering-level insight on platform issues * Working across teams to share architecture, evolve engineering standards, introduce testing approaches, mentor peers, and celebrate our wins
Specifically, you will have opportunities to:
* Build user interfaces for the web and command-line power tools * Implement mission-critical user controls for a complex hosting platform * Tackle challenges in building real-time interfaces for teams working in parallel * Deliver cloud-based development environments and tools for professional web teams
What You Bring to the Table
Bonus Points for
* Drupal, or WordPress development experience * Experience with Python, PHP, Go, Ruby, MySQL, or Cassandra * Familiar with good system design patterns and HA/scalable architectures * Mobile and/or responsive implementation experience * Front-end performance profiling and optimization * Open Source contributions * Accessibility principles * Loves to pair on difficult challenges with teammates
What We Offer
* Fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team * Unlimited vacation * Dog-friendly office (HQ) * Maternity and paternity leave * Monthly gym and book allowance * Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events * Fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches (HQ, NY, MN) * Discounts on custom bicycles (the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle)
* Pantheon recently closed its Series D funding ($40m) <link> * Pantheon is one of America's Best Workplaces of 2018 <link> * Pantheon earns Top 10 Ranking in "Best Software Awards" by G2 Crowd <link> * Pantheon actively sponsors programs like the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 19) <link>
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
About Pantheon Platform
Pantheon is a website management platform for Drupal & WordPress sites.